US Taco Bell to add vegan option to menu

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian

They’re trying to determine whether it will be from the Beyond or the Impossible brands.

They’re trying to determine whether it will be from the Beyond or the Impossible brands.

This is great to hear!

It's surprising, too. Last year, Taco Bell stated that they wouldn't be adding Beyond Meat or Impossible Foods to its menu: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/tac...g-fake-meat-from-beyond-meat-to-its-menu.html . If they've changed their minds, then there must be real money to be made.

It’s obvious that the overwhelmingly positive responses to the vegan options at KFC and Burger King changed their minds. Most of the people lining up for these menu items aren’t even vegetarian, much less vegan, and they’re clearly not intimidated by vegan foods on the menu. They’re willing to try them as an alternative to the regular menu items. The fast food companies are finally coming to the realization that omnis want healthier foods, and they’ll go elsewhere if they can’t get it from the fast food restaurants they were raised on.

I am very encouraged by all the new options! There are a few places you can get vegan cheese also! There may be more since this list came out:

There is no taco bell where I'm at, and when I used to live in the US, I heard horror stories from first hand witnesses. Truly disgusting actions of some disgruntled employees. It's probably not anywhere near common, but the images...I am scared for life with regards to this chain, lol.

This is great to hear!

It's surprising, too. Last year, Taco Bell stated that they wouldn't be adding Beyond Meat or Impossible Foods to its menu: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/tac...g-fake-meat-from-beyond-meat-to-its-menu.html . If they've changed their minds, then there must be real money to be made.
Was that Taco Bell? I thought that was Chipolte.

I'm not a fan of TB but I think they have vegetarian items on the menu and on the website they explain what to say to get veganized items. Like a bean burrito, hold the cheese.

I haven't been to a Taco Bell since they introduced the al fresco menu and it was full of soapy cilantro :bath:
I'd have to do some research first!
I have had such a craving for Chipotle--do they still have the tofu sofritos? I think the last time I went they didn't have any

Reactions: David3
There is a Taco Bell across the street from me, among other fast food places. I rarely go there but maybe I will try it out with the new options.

Reactions: David3
I haven't been to a Taco Bell since they introduced the al fresco menu and it was full of soapy cilantro :bath:
I'd have to do some research first!
I have had such a craving for Chipotle--do they still have the tofu sofritos? I think the last time I went they didn't have any
I worked for Chipotle for a couple years, left since lockdown. I'll go back eventually maybe. They have Sofritas. They also are adding Paleo and Keto and strictly vegan options. I don't think they are adding mock meats yet. They have another dairy based queso out too unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and Amy SF
I worked for Chipotle for a couple years, left since lockdown. I'll go back eventually maybe. They have Sofritas. They also are adding Paleo and Keto and strictly vegan options. I don't think they are adding mock meats yet. They have another dairy based queso out too unfortunately.

I don't think they want to put mock meats on the menu. They have the Sofritas and that ought to be good enough.

• Agree
Reactions: VeganDawn
I recently got the Chipotle sofritos. I really dont' liek Chipotle. I used to like Moes, but the one by me is so horrible on service we swore off going there! They had good cubed marinated tofu I liked much better than the over dried sofritos
Maybe I'll try them again. I could really use a cheap take out besides Subway sometimes

Reactions: Lou