Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn good soup, with avocado, chives, kale, yellow bell pepper, tomato, celery. nom! garnished with more tomato & yellow bell pepper

Reactions: AlmandineSky
We need to do a grocery shop (gonna hit up the farmer's market tomorrow), so we had a cook what veggies we have in the fridge and throw it in some pasta night. I cooked half of a red onion in a pan with butter until soft, then added half of a green bell pepper. We had a tomato, too, but when I took it out of the fridge it had bad spots so we had to toss it :(. Added a spoonful of leftover pesto and a handful of slivered almonds. Was surprisingly good.

Reactions: sallyomally
I made dinner (lemon and cashew nut cous cous) in the morning so I could eat it at work for lunch... so for tea I made bubble and squeak from left over vegetables and ate it with baked beans, mmmm quick comfort food.

I just put some vegetables in the oven wrapped in foil to roast with some spices and oil. I might just eat them with some warm tortilla wraps, lettuce and salsa. I can't stop eating lettuce or salsa lately!:)

Hmm you mean wrapped like covered? To stop them burning?

Why have I never thought of that :confused:

Yes, you know like some people cook fish wrapped in foil, I sometimes roast veggies and tofu wrapped up.:)

Hmm you mean wrapped like covered? To stop them burning?
Why have I never thought of that :confused:

Yeah I never thought of that, I'm gonna try it :)

Wrapping potatoes with onions and some seasonings to put on the grill is pretty delicious too. I also like to wrap up asparagus with lemon juice and minced garlic to put in the oven or on the grill.

I really don't know what I'm making tonight. I've been cleaning most of the day and I'm not done yet. Plus I've got to start masking off the baby room for my husband and a friend to paint tomorrow. So, it'll be something fast but I just don't know what. I want to get take-out but I don't want to spend the money especially since I just bought a bunch of groceries yesterday. Maybe I'll just do a large salad with some chickpeas or black beans...

On the way home from the vet's I bought some General Tsao's tofu for Ziggy (one of my macaws) and me to eat tonight. He loves tofu as much as I do. That means I just have to cook for the other birds and the dogs tonight.

Eggplant, mushroom, kale, and caramelized onion lasagne with tofu ricotta and brown rice lasagne noodles and daiya mozz to melt over it. Plus a salad of lettuce and spinach from the garden with radishes and tomatoes and then also a fruit salad with bananas, cherries, strawberries, blueberries and clementine orange slices. If I have time I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies for dessert too.

Yes, you know like some people cook fish wrapped in foil, I sometimes roast veggies and tofu wrapped up.:)

En papillote or in a parcel. I also like this method as it keeps the food nice and moist.

I had soya sausages, steamed yams, courgettes with bulghur.

I'm making a very late dinner of roast potatoes, vegan sausage, carrots and cabbage. I don't have any gravy though which is a shame.

En papillote or in a parcel. I also like this method as it keeps the food nice and moist.

:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.