Super Bowl

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
Had a little search and I don't think we've ever had a Super Bowl thread. So I thought I'd start one :D

I watch the Super Bowl every year, even though my team haven't been doing so well the last couple of years :p We usually have people over, and this year it's quite a large gathering, so obviously I have been cooking since yesterday. Five bean chilli and rice, nachos, pretzels, a whole load of dips (vegan nacho cheese, guacamole, vegan sour cream, salsa), chocolate chip cookies, and fudge brownies. And beer, so much beer.

And for this year... go Panthers!

Anyone else going to be watching?

I am not particularly interested in football. My husband is so I participate in a pool at work. I have some pretty good numbers this time so I will be checking in from time to time to see if I'm winning anything, lol.

I am also making some chili, nachos, and onion dip with Tofutti sour cream to go with some chips.

Surprised: I didn't think anyone in the UK had that much interest in American football. I'm an American and *I* don't have that much interest in the Super Bowl. :p

No, I'll be spending the day doing other things.

Yes, I will be watching the Super bowl. My hometown team is not in it, so I am rooting for the Broncos. It's probably Peyton Mannings's last game, and he's been a great quarterback all these years. We are watching at a friend's this year, so I am bringing 3 bean chili and spicy cornbread. And craft beer (some kind of IPA from a brewery on the way, in a growler.)

Reactions: AeryFairy
Surprised: I didn't think anyone in the UK had that much interest in American football.

I've heard that football (the kind that Americans call soccer) is kind of considered a 'nerd' sport in the USA. Well, American football is like that over here :p It's been gathering a lot more interest over here in the last couple of years. They have a few of the games in London (so far, not teams I'd particularly want to see though :p), and some of the games get an actual broadcast (including the Super Bowl). There's even talk of moving one of the teams over here (Jacksonville Jaguars, I believe).

As for last night's game...

it was disappointing for me, I was excited to see the Panthers play because they've been doing so well this season, seemingly out of nowhere, but aside from a few absolutely glorious moments, they were mostly really stumped by the Bronco's defence.

But the party was still fun :)

I've heard that football (the kind that Americans call soccer) is kind of considered a 'nerd' sport in the USA. Well, American football is like that over here :p It's been gathering a lot more interest over here in the last couple of years. They have a few of the games in London (so far, not teams I'd particularly want to see though :p), and some of the games get an actual broadcast (including the Super Bowl). There's even talk of moving one of the teams over here (Jacksonville Jaguars, I believe).

As for last night's game...

it was disappointing for me, I was excited to see the Panthers play because they've been doing so well this season, seemingly out of nowhere, but aside from a few absolutely glorious moments, they were mostly really stumped by the Bronco's defence.

But the party was still fun :)

I think there are quite a few Americans who are more interested in the party/food/beer (not to mention the halftime show) than the actual game. :p

I'm a sports nut, so yeah, I watched it. :) I didn't really prepare a bunch of food like I normally do, though, because I spent most of the day in New Hampshire hanging out with my nephew and his girlfriend. I love/hate the Super Bowl, as it means the end of the season and six months until it comes back. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
I just found this thread. I was pulling for the Panthers, but my team is the Bucs. The halftime show was quite good. I made vegan nachos.

Reactions: KLS52 and AeryFairy
haha I have never watched Super bowl but the concern is not this which program is being watched or which sport then concern is what you are doing alongside with it as you told us that it was a big gathering so I can feel how much fun you had :) , may you always have fun with your family and friends , Hi my name is Madiha Khan :)

Reactions: KLS52
*bump*

Yep, the big game is Sunday, and my team is in it! (Go PATS!!!!!!) I'm very excited. I am watching it solo this year because my parents are staying home (much bigger TV than mine, hehe), my sister doesn't like my team (she'll be with my nephews in New Hampshire), my one brother who always had the party lives in Florida now (booooo), and everyone else wants to stay home because they have to work the next day, myself included. They really should consider starting the game a couple of hours earlier. Oh, well, that said, I still plan on making some goodies:

Seitan buffalo wings and ranch-type dressing;
Veggie chili and cornbread;
And possibly a buffalo-sauce-themed appetizer. I saw something on FB called buffalo chick'n bombs, but I can veganize them pretty easily. They looked great!
I want to make a sweet treat, too, but I can't decide among cookies, cupcakes, a cake or fudge. :D

I also plan to walk 10 miles (OK, 3) before I chow down on all this stuff. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I’m rooting for New England Patriots, too.
I have two boxes in the office pool. :D

Reactions: PTree15
I’m not really a football fan, but now I live in assisted living, and there’s going to be a Super Bowl party, so I’ll probably participate just for the sake of socializing with my fellow residents. :hottub: I don’t know which team to root for. :ooal:

I’m not a fan, either, but being in the pool helps add excitement to it.

I don't care about the Super Bowl. My Dad's favorite team was the Vikings (I grew up in Minnesota) and they ALMOST made it. I might have had a tiny bit of interest if they were in it. I will be waiting anxiously for it to end so we can watch "This is Us."

It was a tough one for Pats fans, but I'm happy for all my long-suffering Eagles-fan friends. That is one happy bunch. On to 2018!!

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF