Stories that restore your faith in humanity

With so many people with a peanut allergy these days, I'd be hesitant about handing out PB sandwiches. However, handing out anything can be risky because of all the different food allergies and sensitivities. But IMO, it's never wrong to want to do something nice by handing out food to the homeless. I suppose if one of them doesn't want to risk getting sick, they can always refuse a handout if they think it contains something they shouldn't be eating.

With so many people with a peanut allergy these days, I'd be hesitant about handing out PB sandwiches. However, handing out anything can be risky because of all the different food allergies and sensitivities. But IMO, it's never wrong to want to do something nice by handing out food to the homeless. I suppose if one of them doesn't want to risk getting sick, they can always refuse a handout if they think it contains something they shouldn't be eating.

Adults usually know when they have a peanut allergy. I have been doing this for years and never had a complaint or issue. These are long-term homeless and are so sweet, grateful, and funny as heck. They call me the Peanut Butter Lady or Peanut Butter Nurse (as I used to stop by before work in my scrubs.) And I always have extra plain bread too for anyone who wants it.

Why again am I defending giving away vegan food? [emoji38]

12274627_10153418316894495_5397189787893352041_n.jpg

Maybe we would be able to save the world if we all had Down's Syndrome. <3 <3 <3

Reactions: Calliegirl
The White Man in That Photo

Actually, it's a rather sad story when you read what happened to that courageous athlete...

Thanks, Andy, for posting this. I'm embarrassed to admit that while I've seen the photo and know something of the story behind it, I never actually paid any attention to the white man in the photo. Now I know more about him.

Reactions: Dedalus