Stories that restore your faith in humanity

Donations roll in for Ferguson bake shop
Natalie DuBose certainly had every reason to be bitter.

DuBose, a single mother of two, poured her life savings into opening a small bakery on South Florissant Road in Ferguson.

Sales immediately tanked three months later when crowds rioted in Ferguson over the killing of Michael Brown.

So she raised her voice as a small business owner. Feeding her children, she told any reporter who would listen, depended on selling her baked goods — one cupcake at a time.

Her story, she thought, might spare her shop from the kind of looting that destroyed businesses on West Florissant Avenue in August.

But on Monday night, in the dark, violent hours after the grand jury decision on Darren Wilson was announced, a witness saw three teens attempt three times to break the front window of her store, Natalie’s Cakes and More....

Reactions: Amy SF
Reactions: KLS52
I remember hearing about that when they first started the account. Boy did it grow fast.

I wonder why the kids didn't turn up but a nice ending.
In the comments a lot of parents said they had the same thing happened to their kids with autism. They think it's due more to the parents not wanting their kids to go, than it is the kids.

You’re only as old as you feel and age is but a number — this video is glorious proof of those two concepts. I bet you can’t get through it without smiling from ear-to-ear!

I AM KINDNESS is a group of volunteers that performs random acts of kindness throughout the city of Minneapolis; sparking inspiration, promoting goodwill, and spreading as many smiles as they can. Volunteer Sarah says the footage below was from her group’s first outing at Mount Olivet Senior Care Center.

Much to their surprise, the residents were treated to an entire day of primping and pampering — some for the first time ever...
It’s A Normal Day At The Nursing Home - LittleThings.com

Reactions: KLS52