Stories that restore your faith in humanity

Yay! I got a new post for my thread!

High school students surprise LA teacher with car, gas, insurance

PICO-ROBERTSON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Students at Yula High School Boys Division surprised a math teacher with a car on Thursday.

Julio Castro traveled to and from work using the public bus, sometimes commuting more than two hours one way. Castro lives in Santa Clarita, and the Jewish private school where he teaches is located in Los Angeles' Pico-Robertson neighborhood.

"It is roughly two hours. It depends, if I miss my bus, I wait another half hour or an hour," said Castro.

A group of students spent the summer raising more than $30,000, getting donations from various organizations like Galpin Motors and the nonprofit The Change Reaction.

from Facebook. Not sure if it's an old story or not going to look it up. Sweet nonetheless.

A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her…. a very dangerous proposition. One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer.
They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her. When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently, thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives.
The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same.
May you be so fortunate to be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you.
And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude 🙏
892033E4-E63E-4FFA-93CE-33209CC6BEBD.jpeg

Jerome Horwitz, famous for playing CURLY in "THE THREE STOOGES", was known to all as a protector of dogs. Curly's contract with Columbia Pictures included a clause that allowed his dogs to accompany him on the studio lot. Columbia limited it to no more than two dogs at a time, this due to the puppies' unplanned on-camera appearances from time to time. You can still see those surprise dog on set invasions in the first few short films. Typically surrounded by various dogs, Curly was known to come home with a stray dog and foster it until he could find it a permanent home. When the Stooges were out on the road, Curly took it upon himself to find a new home for at least one stray dog in every town they visited. Curly is estimated to have saved and rescued more than 5,000 dogs in his lifetime. This makes him a man ahead of his time, with a very admirable concern for man's best friend. Dogs are family.img-6708d5d8.jpeg

Reactions: KLS52
Reactions: Emma JC