US State of the Union speech

Well, I am pretty confident it's not an issue that gets out votes. Environmental issues in general don't. If they did, the Green Party would have taken the Presidency and both houses of Congress.

How is the Green Party doing, btw?
The United States would lose a lot of jobs if fish were to go extinct like what may be happening over the next 2-3 decades. It's as much a jobs issue as it is environment. Sending our jobs overseas is another issue that is generally ignored. I noticed Obama never criticized any Presidents for doing this. I think jobs are a lot more important to the average voter than some of the other issues that are talked about.

Well, one problem you have is that most voters don't think that fish are going extinct, much like you don't think global warming exists. Even if they did, they wouldn't trade avoidance of potential future extinction for the continued ability to eat fish today.

If you think that Obama has never criticized anyone for sending jobs overseas, then you don't notice much.

I hate it when parents refer to their disabled children as "gifts from God".

That lady was fake as hell and assumed way too much about her audience.

I am not a Christian. I am not a Republican. You are speaking to Christians and Republicans. You don't care about issues concerning me.

Well, one problem you have is that most voters don't think that fish are going extinct, much like you don't think global warming exists. Even if they did, they wouldn't trade avoidance of potential future extinction for the continued ability to eat fish today.

If you think that Obama has never criticized anyone for sending jobs overseas, then you don't notice much.
I clearly said Obama hasn't criticized Presidents(like Bill Clinton) for sending jobs overseas. And I've said I'm 50/50 on global warming. Questioning something is not the same as saying it doesn't exist. Honesty is not one of your strong traits obviously. Most voters don't think fish are going extinct because the media and government don't talk about it.

I clearly said Obama hasn't criticized Presidents(like Bill Clinton) for sending jobs overseas. And I've said I'm 50/50 on global warming. Questioning something is not the same as saying it doesn't exist. Honesty is not one of your strong traits obviously. Most voters don't think fish are going extinct because the media and government don't talk about it.

Either you clearly (a) did not listen to campaign speeches during the 2008 election cycle, (b) you have a short or selective memory, or (c) honesty is not one of your strong traits.

Responding to one of your posts always ends up making me feel as though I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

How would politicians know that an issue like all fish going extinct in the future isn't important to most people who vote? They wouldn't.

We rarely ever acknowledge fish are going through any problems today. Could you show me this poll regarding fish that you're referring to?

I'm pretty sure that "fish" and "people who vote" are two entirely different groups.

Are you now complaining that fish don't vote?

Reactions: Mischief