Soy curls

I ordered a bag of soy curls from amazon, and tonight I tried them. I made them in the air fryer after rehydrating them and tossing them in buffalo sauce. They were great! I really like the texture, and they soaked up the buffalo sauce nicely. I will definitely will buy them again.

I ordered a bag of soy curls from amazon, and tonight I tried them. I made them in the air fryer after rehydrating them and tossing them in buffalo sauce. They were great! I really like the texture, and they soaked up the buffalo sauce nicely. I will definitely will buy them again.
Did you finish it yet? If you pick out the big pieces and leave the crumbs they're perfect to add to things like chilis, or making patties--I used some when I made the eggplant balls
It irks me how much cheaper that 12 lb box is!
I did get a 3 lb box (one big bag) from
Their new website however, is awful! They are a plant based promoting company, and have other great deals. I've also bought whole grains there

I fear these are not for me. I did like them ok the second time around but then didn’t enjoy the leftovers for some reason. I guess it’s line anything else. No need to eat something we don’t really like when there are so many other options. Not all products will be lined by everyone.

I do have a bag and a half left so I’ll keep trying. Maybe I need to go with barbecue or sweet chili sauce since I tend to like sweet.

I fear these are not for me. I did like them ok the second time around but then didn’t enjoy the leftovers for some reason. I guess it’s line anything else. No need to eat something we don’t really like when there are so many other options. Not all products will be lined by everyone.

I do have a bag and a half left so I’ll keep trying. Maybe I need to go with barbecue or sweet chili sauce since I tend to like sweet.
Definitely no reason to try and make yourself like them, but I'm curious what it is you don't like? Taste,texture?
People seem to really have their own ways they like them--I joined a soy group and had to leave as I disliked so many ideas!
Kinda like jackfruit-I only buy it to add to seitan, hate the usual BBQ recipes. I don't like the BBQ soy curl recipes either
I think my favorite was to use is in gravies, with noodles, shepards pie, or mix vegs and biscuits. And jerky but thats really salty

I tried the soy sauce with vegetables/stir fry. It was bland. I need more flavor. The texture was fine. I should try it in my red lentil soup.
Did you press them dry, then season and saute? Or use the soak in broth method? I always press dry,then let kinda marinade and saute to seal it in before adding to the wet things.LikeI'll saute with the veg I'm sauteing,onions,mushrooms.
Dang my spacebar and sticky keys! Ill soon just run on sentences

Did you finish it yet? If you pick out the big pieces and leave the crumbs they're perfect to add to things like chilis, or making patties--I used some when I made the eggplant balls
It irks me how much cheaper that 12 lb box is!
I did get a 3 lb box (one big bag) from
Their new website however, is awful! They are a plant based promoting company, and have other great deals. I've also bought whole grains there
Oh, thank you for that. That' s a great idea. I still have a good three our four servings left. I see lots of possibilities for these!

Reactions: Emma JC
@Emma JC thanks for that video! Of course the Filipino barbecue looks the best for me and then the asada. I’m going to keep trying since I still have two bags left.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I so want to try those tacos! Thanks for this video. I really liked the method of cooking them with the marinade a little at a time. I bet the flavor is fantastic.
Yes I think that is going to be the key for me…marinating then cooking it using the liquid. So far they’ve been too bland for me despite adding flavoring.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
So I just found this local online store that sells the Butler's soy curls for $5.49 for an 8 oz. bag They are based in Glastonbury, CT, which is one town over from me. It was listed as a source to buy from on Butler's website. And they have a flat shipping fee of $5 in the U.S. if you don't mind waiting a week or two (4 to 14 days).

I put in an order, so we'll see. Apparently, they've been around since 1999. They're listed as the Vegetariansite.com, but everything is vegan. They even donate some of their money to animal rights causes, according to their website.

*FIXED my incorrect info on the size of the bag.

Last edited:
So I just found this local online store that sells the Butler's soy curls for $5.49 for a 1.25-pound bag. They are based in Glastonbury, CT, which is one town over from me. It was listed as a source to buy from on Butler's website. And they have a flat shipping fee of $5 in the U.S. if you don't mind waiting a week or two (4 to 14 days).

I put in an order, so we'll see. Apparently, they've been around since 1999. They're listed as the Vegetariansite.com, but everything is vegan. They even donate some of their money to animal rights causes, according to their website.

NO! Go back and read---
"

Butler Soy Curls Meat Alternative (makes 1.25 lbs.) - Better Than Chicken!

BUTLER FOODS SOY CURLS MEAT ALTERNATIVE (8 OZ.). Butler Soy

I had to check cause it sounded like too good a deal! :confused:

that is a good price if you go!

NO! Go back and read---
"

Butler Soy Curls Meat Alternative (makes 1.25 lbs.) - Better Than Chicken!

BUTLER FOODS SOY CURLS MEAT ALTERNATIVE (8 OZ.). Butler Soy

I had to check cause it sounded like too good a deal! :confused:

that is a good price if you go!
Ooops! Well, that was still cheaper than what I paid before. :) I guess I got excited about the price and missed that, lol. It's an online store only, I think. They just have a P.O. box for the address, but I like that it was based one town over.

Ooops! Well, that was still cheaper than what I paid before. :) I guess I got excited about the price and missed that, lol. It's an online store only, I think. They just have a P.O. box for the address, but I like that it was based one town over.

That is a great price, about what I buy it for here and I normally buy 6 bags at a time as the store is on the opposite side of the city. $5.00 is a great price for delivery. Be sure to store in the fridge or freezer is you don't eat them all right away as they will stay good for a long time that way.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
That is a great price, about what I buy it for here and I normally buy 6 bags at a time as the store is on the opposite side of the city. $5.00 is a great price for delivery. Be sure to store in the fridge or freezer is you don't eat them all right away as they will stay good for a long time that way.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I was very pleased with the delivery fee, and the package came sooner than I expected. Thanks for the tip on the fridge. I will do that. I got four bags. I'm going to be making some tomorrow or Friday. I want to try one of the recipes in the video above. They all looked so delicious!

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52