Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Smoking

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Public nudity

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Public masturbation

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
While I agree that we Americans are pretty prudish when it comes to nudity, I would prefer to keep most of us dressed. :rolleyes: Sure, if you designate areas on the beach or in parks nudity friendly, where the rest of us could avoid the nekkid ones if we chose, that would be ok with me. But I don't want to run into stark naked people in the grocery store or at the dentist.

While I agree that we Americans are pretty prudish when it comes to nudity, I would prefer to keep most of us dressed. :rolleyes: Sure, if you designate areas on the beach or in parks nudity friendly, where the rest of us could avoid the nekkid ones if we chose, that would be ok with me. But I don't want to run into stark naked people in the grocery store or at the dentist.
So that's why you left California.

Drugs should not be illegal.
Making drugs against the law is not going to stop people from taking them. It will just mean more people will be killed and jailed for it and the prices will go up due to the black market. It will mean more family dogs will be shot. It will mean more children will be away for no good reason. What makes smoking/eating/drinking/vaping weed so bad and drinking beer ok? It's not like it's more harmful for you. Plus jail should be saved for actual criminals.
I don't smoke weed around non smokers and I use a smoke buddy.. soo.. :p

I know! In order to get people to stop drinking soda, we should just make THAT illegal too. How about sugar? If it's illegal, that means no one will ever do it again, right? How about if we start arresting people if they don't wash their hands after they go potty? We're just trying to protect them, after all. That's why we have to kill their dogs and make sure their kids get taken away, and give them a criminal record on top of that - If only they quit soda. If only they washed their hands.

Last edited:

I'm just picturing the making-people-look-good police stopping someone and telling them that they aren't attractive enough to show a whale tail.

I was just reading about public nudity and it is quite interesting.:) Public nudity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am quite prudish in some ways (and in some ways not at all:D) and I wouldn't feel comfortable going naked anywhere public or semi-public. I wouldn't even go naked in a changing room at a swimming pool or anything and I am always fascinated, and somewhat repelled, by people who seem so comfortable with their own bodies. I went into a sauna in Bulgaria and nearly fainted in shock as a woman was sitting naked with her legs wide open just in front of the doorway. :oops::rofl:

If you think we are differentiated from other species of animals by our interest in sex, you are about as badly mistaken as I've ever witnessed anyone being.

I'm not religious at all. I am perhaps the least religiously inclined person you will ever encounter.

Just in case you're curious, I am also not a prude, nor am I shocked by nudity. I just think that human beings are generally among the least attractive of all animals, and their nether regions tend to be their least attractive parts.
Being sexy=more interested in sex. I'm trying to figure out the logic there.

Being sexy=more interested in sex. I'm trying to figure out the logic there.
If you meant that human are more sexually attractive than other animals, I do certainly hope that would be true for you and other humans, for the sake of all nonhuman animals.

But to make a blanket statement that humans are just more sexually attractive than other species is actually more of a dunderheaded statement than I had originally thought. With the occasional exception of a dog or other male animal who can't help himself from humping anything that moves (and many things that don't), humans are sexually attractive to other humans. Stop. Full period. That's all. Each species is likewise sexually attractive to other members of the same species.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
Most of the above would fail for the same reason prohibition did. Too widespread, too easy to make, too difficult to regulate.

I checked public masturbation for the sole reason that it's not culturally acceptable. But given the fact that we are, by definition, perhaps one of the most hypersexual species that has ever existed, I sure hope people are masturbating somewhere because in this day and age sexual frustration is a near universal affliction :p

Drugs, alcohol, and smoking could leave this world and I wouldn't miss them, but to that end criminalizing them would do (has done) more harm than good.

If you meant that human are more sexually attractive than other animals, I do certainly hope that would be true for you and other humans, for the sake of all nonhuman animals.

But to make a blanket statement that humans are just more sexually attractive than other species is actually more of a dunderheaded statement than I had originally thought. With the occasional exception of a dog or other male animal who can't help himself from humping anything that moves (and many things that don't), humans are sexually attractive to other humans. Stop. Full period. That's all. Each species is likewise sexually attractive to other members of the same species.

Some dogs find my leg to be particularly sexy.

Reactions: ~Wonder
All people should have a right to exist in public, with or without clothes.

If done discretely, public masturbation should be legal.

In the not so distant future, I'll be able to throw on some Google glasses or something and have virtual sex while standing in line at the grocery store. With the right app, maybe even with a digital reconstruction of the person standing in front of me without them realizing it. This is set to be a very good couple decades for advancements in masturbation technology.