• Smoking

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Public nudity

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Public masturbation

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
:(
That is the case I was specifically referring to, although America certainly has a long history of administering unequal justice depending on the level of your fame and bank account as Shyvas pointed out.

This reminds me of what a good friend of mine once told me ; if you can afford a very good lawyer, you can get away with murder.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's all subjective. :p
True, but if I end up having to encounter random people with their nether parts blowing in the wind, I give fair warning that it will drive me over the edge and the news will be full of my rampage.

Yeah, I don't really get the leap from "masturbation is good for you" to "we should do it in public". Everybody feels themselves up every now and again, just because it's healthy normal human behavior doesn't mean it's acceptable in public.

Neither is your neighbor's lawn being used as a cemetery for dead cars, but I'd rather see the dead cars than the neighbors' nether parts. Humans (and especially male humans) seem to think much more highly of the visual appeal of their nether parts than objectivity would support.

I'd rather see permaculture than the neighbors monotonous green grass, but I'm not going to advocate for outlawing lawns just because I am personally offended.

I'd rather see permaculture than the neighbors monotonous green grass, but I'm not going to advocate for outlawing lawns just because I am personally offended.

It's not just that I find people's nether parts unattractive, there's also a hygiene issue. Given the small percentage of people who bother washing their hands after using the toilet, I suspect not many people wipe adequately either. Maybe you don't object to sitting in people's excrement and bodily fluids whenever you sit in a public or semi public spot, but I prefer that the risk of that be minimized.

Reactions: thefadedone
At nudist retreats, people are always asked to bring towels to put down on seats before sitting down. So not even nudists approve of peoples butts being all over seats, untowelled

Last edited:
At nudist retreats, people are always asked to bring towels to put down on seats before sitting down. So not even nudists approve of peoples butts being all over seats, untowelled

Seems like a similar habit could be done for nudists in public.

Neither is your neighbor's lawn being used as a cemetery for dead cars, but I'd rather see the dead cars than the neighbors' nether parts. Humans (and especially male humans) seem to think much more highly of the visual appeal of their nether parts than objectivity would support.
Humans are a very sexy species. It's the one true advantage we have over other animals. Are you religious by any chance?

Humans are a very sexy species. It's the one true advantage we have over other animals. Are you religious by any chance?

If you think we are differentiated from other species of animals by our interest in sex, you are about as badly mistaken as I've ever witnessed anyone being.

I'm not religious at all. I am perhaps the least religiously inclined person you will ever encounter.

Just in case you're curious, I am also not a prude, nor am I shocked by nudity. I just think that human beings are generally among the least attractive of all animals, and their nether regions tend to be their least attractive parts.

We're too hairless and live in inhospitable climates to really spend a lot of time nude, but where appropriate I think it would be... appropriate. :shrug: But I'm just as happy with clothes, and even if legal I think most people would be, even if it's just a sarong or whatever. I kinda wish it wasn't such a big deal.

Public masturbation is definitely out, no reason for that to be public. The other things I think are just as well legal. Can't stop people from taking drugs, so there's no point trying. And guns... yeah I might go for making guns illegal, if it were possible.

Reactions: Calliegirl
Humans are a very sexy species. It's the one true advantage we have over other animals.

Clearly.o_O

To be serious, I'm not sure if making guns illegal would ever work, it would make more sense to try and create a culture where gun ownership was discouraged. :yes: Alcohol, cigarettes and drugs should all be legal IMO, or in the case of drugs it should be decriminalised and users should be able to use drugs more safely. I would rather see measures for harm reduction and education for responsible use rather than banning substance use or making people into criminals. Save prison for people who commit serious crimes like rape and murder, not for smoking a cigarette.;)