Smoothies and Smoothie Bowls

ben retallack

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi guys,
I am looking to start a smoothie bowl business next summer. I have already purchased some good blenders and have found a reliable supplier. I was just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience running smoothie businesses before and if so if they have any advice to give with regards to running as efficiently as possible. Although the blenders work well, the preparation time is still relatively long. Any advice on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated!!
Many thanks,
Ben :).

Nothing specific but I think the best advice I can give to you is to visit a few stores and watch, listen, and learn.

I think your customers understand prep time. But I'm sure there are ways to minimize the time it takes to make an order. I don't mind waiting for someone to finish my order as much as I mind waiting in a line to give my order.

Reactions: PTree15
Nothing specific but I think the best advice I can give to you is to visit a few stores and watch, listen, and learn.

I think your customers understand prep time. But I'm sure there are ways to minimize the time it takes to make an order. I don't mind waiting for someone to finish my order as much as I mind waiting in a line to give my order.
Where I live (New Orleans, Louisiana) we have dozens of Smoothie King franchises, they have been doing very well for many years.

According to Yelp!, there are 10 stores near me. And just off the top of my head they seem to have missed at least 3. Some of them just sell smoothies and bowls. A few also sell ice cream and yogurt. Their popularity seems to be maybe more based on location than anything else.
Some of them have few vegan options. I would drive a bit out of the way to have a few more vegan options.