Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say

Well, she's either completely clueless or a total b*tch. :p I still thought it was pretty funny.... :rolleyes:
She's clueless. Everything they eat has meat in it, even the "vegetable" side dishes. Sometimes even the desserts!! :argh:

We'll probably invite them over for dinner sometime.... and I'll show them what a proper veg*n meal looks like.

Oh, and the father is on a health kick right now, so H offered to have me make him salads. I'll start sending over some tasty side dishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF
She's clueless. Everything they eat has meat in it, even the "vegetable" side dishes. Sometimes even the desserts!! :argh:

We'll probably invite them over for dinner sometime.... and I'll show them what a proper veg*n meal looks like.

Oh, and the father is on a health kick right now, so H offered to have me make him salads. I'll start sending over some tasty side dishes.
Just don't use any romaine lettuce! You & H will never live it down if they get e. coli poisoning.... LOL :yuck:

^^ Heh... I'm more worried about putting too much sugar in it. He's diabetic, but I don't think he's completely strict (his wife/my MIL still cooks with sugar) so how much sugar is too much? I have no idea. The salad I want to make has beets, orange slices, and then fresh-squeezed orange juice (and then wild rice, vinegar, etc). All natural sugars, but is it still too much?

:hmm:...*Rolling eyes*... Something weird has happened to Gala: at 7p.m. she offered me cabbage-ground beef rolls. I politely refused, saying that i was full already. A half an hour ago, when i was having supper, she pulled something from the fridge and proudly uttered: "These are Edam cheese and cold-boiled pork! I made it myself! Take a piece!":yuck: I politely refused again, saying that i had my leftovers to eat. She like:"Why???" Me:"I don't want to eat it now"... She:"WHY? They are deliscious!":fp: Me:"I don't eat animal products...":pout: She (rolling her eyes, giving a long sigh): "AGAIN???" And started cutting pork, giggling like only she can:worms::rofl:

She: Cuddles, I am just packing one pair of shoes for you, I have to fit in the travel cooker and food if we can’t find anything vegan to eat. It’s Norway, can’t take a chance.

He: Don’t worry sweetie, I am packing light. I just saw this video on minimalistic lifestyle, they had some cool tips on how to travel sustainably. I think one t-shirt, one dress shirt, and one jeans is good enough for me. I’m not going to shave during the holiday either, will save water. Don’t worry, you can even add that blender in the luggage. If we don’t find something to eat, we’ll whip up some smoothies, soups and salads.

She: Can we still call each other ‘honey’?

He: I like sugar better.

And when she wants to compliment him –

Babe, you’re a level 10 vegan husband/boyfriend!

Today.
Mom: "I've made a deliscious cold borscht. You ought to try it right now."
Me: "Hmm, smells like eggs. Did you put eggs in it?"
She: "What's the difference? Try it!"
Me: "I said, did you put eggs in it???"
She: "Just 2 eggs..... and a liiiiittle piece of ham..."
Me: "Ok :pout:... forget about the eggs...":D
She: "There's a lot of cucumbers inside! Try it!"
Me: "I DON'T LIKE ham..."
She: Otherwise we won't leave you a single plate!"
Me: "I don't mind. I have my own food."
She: "Stop showing off and eat what they give to you!"
Me: "I'm not hungry..." :fp:

FB friend posts: “Question for my vegetarian and vegan friends: what’s your primary reason for your choice?”

Numerous non-vegs chime in to describe how they never could be veg, never will be veg, and don’t ask them to.

I asked them why they were commenting, as the question wasn’t to or about them.

Reply was “Oh it’s just another perspective.”

Even if we set aside their really bad manners in inserting themselves where no one asked for them, I do not accept the supposed moral equivalency.

When they go out for a coffee

She: They charged us extra dollars for almond milk. Everyone wants to rip off vegans

He (furious): Exactly, you should have asked them – what about giving a discount when you have to take off the chicken and cheese from our salad?

FB friend posts: “Question for my vegetarian and vegan friends: what’s your primary reason for your choice?”

Numerous non-vegs chime in to describe how they never could be veg, never will be veg, and don’t ask them to.

I asked them why they were commenting, as the question wasn’t to or about them.

Reply was “Oh it’s just another perspective.”

Even if we set aside their really bad manners in inserting themselves where no one asked for them, I do not accept the supposed moral equivalency.

I noted that the non-veg position was socially-endorsed, to which the non-veg person retorted that veganism has done nothing for my tolerance or temperament. Yeah. State a clearly obvious fact not aimed at a particular person = inviting personal attacks.

When they go out for a coffee

She: They charged us extra dollars for almond milk. Everyone wants to rip off vegans

He (furious): Exactly, you should have asked them – what about giving a discount when you have to take off the chicken and cheese from our salad?

Oh if only! The places that have a la carte options tend to reduce this.

A sociological survey, real answers and excuses of militant carnivores.:devil: And those people are making faces! :D
"10 crazy reasons not to be vegan".

Last edited:
“My cousin is a vegetarian, but she eats fish.” - another resident after I tell her I don’t eat fish

I let it go. After 21 years as a vegetarian, I just don’t have the strength to argue with this anymore. :fp:

Last edited:
I find it very intetesting when some people talk about what kind of animal they do or don't eat, based on an ethical veiw. I like to call them Bambiterians, as they think it's ethical to eat an "ugly" animal but not a "cute" one...

The news people were discussing the giant cow that wouldn't be slaughtered due to being too big for the machinery. They were all acting like they cared that a cow was getting saved, as if they weren't eating all the other ones- but this ones 'special" :rolleyes::mad:

When people are 'part time vegetarians'

Hmmm, OK then. You either care about animals enough to stop eating them all the time or you don't.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas and Val
“he’s not vegetarian, he eats chocolate. chocolate has gelatin”
wonder what type of chocolate they’re eating I have never seen any chocolate that had gelatin.

“he’s not vegetarian, he eats chocolate. chocolate has gelatin”
wonder what type of chocolate they’re eating I have never seen any chocolate that had gelatin.
I have seen it twice: the first type was the chocolate with marmelade-like filling, the second type had dense jelly chunks inside, lol:D