Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say

I was just chatting for a bit (Twitter DMs) with my old buddy & ex-bass player about sh*t... so glad to be back in touch with him after many years.... We'd both been drinking (of course), I starting talking about food I was making & he says, "I don't even know you." :rofl: We rip on each other, that's our thing, playful verbal abuse.... love that f*cker! LMAO :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
In a GRED/Reflux group I'm in, a lot of people are going dairy free (yay) for health, but there are a surprising number of vegans in there as well.

Someone asked the reasons for eliminating dairy, and one person mentioned the cruelty aspect as well as for health. That same person then asked why it was cruel. I answered them, and their response, "Babies are being killed in Palestine". :ignore:

I told them that yes, it's terrible, but I can't go there and rescue them, so I'm doing what I can to reduce suffering where I'm able too. And that one type of suffering doesn't nullify another.

Someone was talking about how great they feel on their all meat diet, zero carbs, zero veggies or fruit, 100% meat. I said wouldn't that cause constipation, vitamin deficiencies, and plaque buildup in your arteries? She said no, it melts away all the plaque/cholesterol from your arteries and heart. :fp:

“I’m not really a meat eater”, Virginia says to me as she chows down on a piece of dead cow. (Virginia is the woman who sits to my right at our assigned dining room table. ) You could have fooled me, lady. I see her eating meat EVERY SINGLE DAY. When she doesn’t want anything off the daily specials, she’ll ask for a hamburger patty, no bun. Or tuna or chicken salad. She doesn’t wring her hands and complain about the lack of vegetarian choices, like I do. (I’ve been buying my own meat replacements, such as Westsoy seitan, Tofurky Deli slices or different brands of baked tofu.)

Just a bonkers thing to say, amirite?

“I’m not really a meat eater”, Virginia says to me as she chows down on a piece of dead cow. (Virginia is the woman who sits to my right at our assigned dining room table. ) You could have fooled me, lady. I see her eating meat EVERY SINGLE DAY. When she doesn’t want anything off the daily specials, she’ll ask for a hamburger patty, no bun. Or tuna or chicken salad. She doesn’t wring her hands and complain about the lack of vegetarian choices, like I do. (I’ve been buying my own meat replacements, such as Westsoy seitan, Tofurky Deli slices or different brands of baked tofu.)

urrite!

Reactions: Amy SF

She's probably one of those who doesn't consider tuna or chicken "real" meat, and thus thinks she only eats meat a few times a week. Most people are most deluded about themselves. :rolleyes:

Do you bring your substitutes to the dining room, or do you eat them in your apartment?

She's probably one of those who doesn't consider tuna or chicken "real" meat, and thus thinks she only eats meat a few times a week. Most people are most deluded about themselves. :rolleyes:

Do you bring your substitutes to the dining room, or do you eat them in your apartment?

I bring them to the dining room and ask just for the side dishes included in the daily special, such as a baked potato and steamed broccoli. Then I eat the meat replacement as the entree.

ETA: Yeah, I’m guessing she’s one of those who thinks only red meat qualifies as “real” meat. She eats dead animals every day, but it’s not always beef.

Last edited:
A while back, H and I went for dinner to celebrate our engagement. It's the type of place where you order a bunch of dishes and share them, and this restaurant is really good for making vegetarian versions of the meat dishes. Anyway, H went to order a lamb-based dish, and the waitress said that's one of the few plates that they can't do a veggie substitution for. So we ordered something else instead.

At the end of dinner, she chatted with him about the lamb dish he ordered (a different one) and then she told him that it's too bad he didn't get to eat the other dish. Then she told him that next time he comes, he'll have to make sure that he tries it. She must have realized I was paying attention, because she worded it very carefully.

To me, it came across is "oh how annoying for you that you couldn't eat it because of this vegetarian. Next time you should come without her!" I know she wasn't trying to be rude, but I still found her comments very annoying. Yes, let's talk in front of the vegetarian about how sad it is that you didn't get to eat a plate full of dead baby! :rolleyes:

A while back, H and I went for dinner to celebrate our engagement. It's the type of place where you order a bunch of dishes and share them, and this restaurant is really good for making vegetarian versions of the meat dishes. Anyway, H went to order a lamb-based dish, and the waitress said that's one of the few plates that they can't do a veggie substitution for. So we ordered something else instead.

At the end of dinner, she chatted with him about the lamb dish he ordered (a different one) and then she told him that it's too bad he didn't get to eat the other dish. Then she told him that next time he comes, he'll have to make sure that he tries it. She must have realized I was paying attention, because she worded it very carefully.

To me, it came across is "oh how annoying for you that you couldn't eat it because of this vegetarian. Next time you should come without her!" I know she wasn't trying to be rude, but I still found her comments very annoying. Yes, let's talk in front of the vegetarian about how sad it is that you didn't get to eat a plate full of dead baby! :rolleyes:
Kinda sounds like she was hitting on H right in front of you, too....

Discussing the choice of buying a leather settee, a pal said that it shouldn't be considered cruel as it's made with a cow that is already dead !!!! :rolleyes:

A pal saying me that she made a point of only buying fair trade milk in support of dairy farmers.:rolleyes:
I get this one a lot, especially when they refer to "happy meat." So they are cool with eating dead flesh as long as it's not factory-farmed. Smh.

I get this one a lot, especially when they refer to "happy meat." So they are cool with eating dead flesh as long as it's not factory-farmed. Smh.

A new employee on her first day, upon learning that I was a vegetarian, immediately started happily babbling away about how her family only ate organic meat from grass-fed, free-range cows. I don’t remember what I said in response, but I’m sure I was thinking, “Does she even realize that vegetarians don’t eat meat at all? Telling me this is pointless. I’m still going to feel sorry for the special cows that were brutally killed to feed this idiot and her family.”

A new employee on her first day, upon learning that I was a vegetarian, immediately started happily babbling away about how her family only ate organic meat from grass-fed, free-range cows. I don’t remember what I said in response, but I’m sure I was thinking, “Does she even realize that vegetarians don’t eat meat at all? Telling me this is pointless. I’m still going to feel sorry for the special cows that were brutally killed to feed this idiot and her family.”
Sometimes I think they tell us this because in their minds it's somehow less egregious to eat organic, grass-fed dead flesh, so they think veg*ns will somehow judge them less because it didn't come from a factory farm. Again, smh.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this one.... H told his mother that he's been trying to cook for me more often. They were at the grocery store at the time. So, she bought a package of baby carrots and some firm tofu, then gave it to him.... telling him to cook me something for dinner with it.

o_O

Reactions: Amy SF
I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this one.... H told his mother that he's been trying to cook for me more often. They were at the grocery store at the time. So, she bought a package of baby carrots and some firm tofu, then gave it to him.... telling him to cook me something for dinner with it.

o_O

Sounds okay to me.

Sounds okay to me.
I agree that it isn't rude. But it goes to show that lots of people still don't know what the heck we eat.... like we just eat iceberg lettuce and grass and twigs.... ahhh.... it makes me want to scream.... like the other day when a friend told me "the noodles are vegetarian!" yeah okay sure I'll just eat plain noodles for lunch. Sounds great!!

o_O
Well, she's either completely clueless or a total b*tch. :p I still thought it was pretty funny.... :rolleyes: