Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say

it would be the jelly part that made it non vegetarian, although a lot of jelly I’ve seen use pectin instead

it would be the jelly part that made it non vegetarian, although a lot of jelly I’ve seen use pectin instead
Haha, i've seen very few manufacturers (at least in my country) who bother making pectin jelly filling for chocolate (i've eaten pectin marmelade and pectin candies though,- btw they still were not tasty).:p

I made a cottage pie with lentils and minced seitan to take over to a friend's place for lunch.
One of the guests said that it looked like it had bit of chicken pieces ( the seitan) in the filling. I replied that it was seitan. She then asked what it was made of and I replied gluten. She then went on to say '' happily nobody here was allergic to it'' in a very annoyed manner. You'd have thought that they had just escaped death !!:rolleyes:
To which I replied, '' well you are all bread eaters ( pointing to the bread basket) so you cannot be allergic ( and most people are only intolerant) to seitan.''

I made a cottage pie with lentils and minced seitan to take over to a friend's place for lunch.
One of the guests said that it looked like it had bit of chicken pieces ( the seitan) in the filling. I replied that it was seitan. She then asked what it was made of and I replied gluten. She then went on to say '' happily nobody here was allergic to it'' in a very annoyed manner. You'd have thought that they had just escaped death !!:rolleyes:
To which I replied, '' well you are all bread eaters ( pointing to the bread basket) so you cannot be allergic ( and most people are only intolerant) to seitan.''
Pfff! How rude of her!o_O

Typical ! Most people don't know what gluten is. :p

With regard to the person, she was the same one that said that my cheesecake made her want to puke!! This happened quite a while ago.
Eww:confused:... Such people make me want to punch them in their pretty face.:p

Not just a "saying" of carnivores, but a whole industry and a scam, that can cost you health and life.o_O Horrific bullsh*t.:tinfoilhat: I saw a commercial of this company in a magazine.:wtf:(They use "happy chicken" images in their ads of heavy-processed foods full of animal protein and saturated fat,- it riles me up to no limit).:mad: Plus they mess up with the food recomendations and call these greasy foods "recovery foods"! (if to think, there are a lot of people who will believe this crap).:yuck:
Home - 100% Chargrilled Chicken Fillet Low-Fat Snacks! | Taste Inc.
5 best recovery foods to eat after a run! - Taste Inc
:hurl:

This was a while ago but it was so funny-
I had made a minestone with rainbow carrots and had it at lunch at work. The women across from me said she thought I didn't eat meat- she said there were hot dog pieces in my soup! I swear the dark red carrots did look JUST like cut up hot dogs, so much she asked me to take one out and prove it!

I didn't like rainbow carrots much after that :p

I heard this earlier on whilst watching the series, River Cottage Spring. ''You have to honour the animal by eating every single part of it''.:(

Moreover, FHW even managed to persuade a vegetarian to eat some lamb.:rolleyes:

Yesterday evening. Mom - to me (pointing at the plate with grilled fish): "Would you like some trout? C'mon, you need to eat some fish at least!":fp: (I thought this was an anecdote, like many other situations, such as "I'm saying to you,- you're eating the wrong way, eat that cutlet/ham/bacon/salmon immediately!" ...But this is the reality).o_O :sigh:

Yesterday evening. Mom - to me (pointing at the plate with grilled fish): "Would you like some trout? C'mon, you need to eat some fish at least!":fp: (I thought this was an anecdote, like many other situations, such as "I'm saying to you,- you're eating the wrong way, eat that cutlet/ham/bacon/salmon immediately!" ...But this is the reality).o_O :sigh:
One day she's got to give up trying, surely :rofl:

She must see it as a form of picky eating, though most people don’t give up animal products because of the taste. A picky eater would have a harder time becoming a vegan, changing your eating habits is not the easiest thing. Most would not bother doing it, because the cravings are too much and they’re not enjoying what they eat.

Last edited:
She must see it as a form of picky eating, though most people don’t give up animal products because of the taste. A picky eater would have a harder time becoming a vegan, changing your eating habits is not the easiest thing. Most would not bother doing it, because the cravings are too much and they’re not enjoying what they eat.
Not exactly, lol.:D She is sure that it's a mental disorder.:p She always says: "Eto vsjo tvoya durnaya boshka!" ("It's all your lamebrain noddle's fault!"):lol:

Discussion on Facebook page of one of the Norwegian newspapers. If you are willing to drink more milk to help the farmer's income.

I wrote I didn't want to. And a farmer asked me if I didn't brush my teeth...