Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Yes, once.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, never.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
That is really too bad. But sometimes these things start slowly... all it takes is for one or two individuals to get the ball rolling... and for others to realize there is absolutely NO SHAME in standing up & speaking out.
That's why I think that it was especially valuable for someone like Terry Crews to speak out. Big, macho, straight guy. Unfortunately, it can take someone like him speaking out, because the stories of women, children and gay men aren't given the same weight.

That's why I think that it was especially valuable for someone like Terry Crews to speak out. Big, macho, straight guy. Unfortunately, it can take someone like him speaking out, because the stories of women, children and gay men aren't given the same weight.
I LOVE me some Terry Crews!! :jump:

tcg2.jpg

I hope more are coming forward. That society really try to end this. And take it more serious. That co-workers don't quietly accept this, and bosses don't act against such behaviour. No matter who's the victim or who's the harasser. But interesting that it's for both genders in the US, but so focused on women here.

I think this is a complex problem, that sometimes starts allready in the childhood. Too many that assault others, have been assaulted themself.

I really like him on Brooklyn 99.
I've loved him since Everybody Hates Chris and Idiocracy... I saw a few episodes of Brooklyn 99, liked it.... I don't watch actual TV now unless it's on DVD & I can play it upstairs (no reception, I have no problem with that, it's a nice little setup)... but I look forward to binge-watching many a television series in a semi-old-fashioned way.... ;)

Sorry, off topic.... Terry Crews is the sh*t. :D

Woman Says Al Franken Groped Her During 2010 Photo Op | HuffPost

Roy Moore Accuser Describes How He 'Seduced' Her When She Was 14 | HuffPost

See the difference? The people making the original accusation plus this new accusation against Al Franken are all Republicans. They’re desperately trying to bring down one of the Senate’s biggest defenders of women and one of the Trump administration’s biggest vocal opponents. Plus, I also believe they’re trying to distract from the accusations against Roy Moore.

Roy Moore, otoh, has been accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct when they were underage. He should not be in the Senate.

Last edited:

See the difference? The people making the original accusation plus this new accusation against Al Franken are all Republicans. They’re desperately trying to bring down one of the Senate’s biggest defenders of women and one of the Trump administration’s biggest vocal opponents. Plus, I also believe they’re trying to distract from the accusations against Roy Moore.

Roy Moore, otoh, has been accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct when they were underage. He should not be in the Senate.

Effective way to get rith of people perhaps?

That makes me remember all the accuses against Julian Assange. Is he ever been trialed for them, or was it a way to try to stop him?

I do wonder if Sweeten ever just confronted Al Franken? I guess I shouldn't be minimizing this, but it's so drastically different from predatory attacks. To me it's the kind of thing I would have been able to address on a one to one level. I just wonder- did she feel threatened by Franken? DId she worry he would have blackmailed her, or counter attacked?
I've experienced situations such as Moores attack, as well as the thoughtless ones as Sweeten.
I would not have made the latter a public issue.

Reactions: Amy SF
I need to make myself clear- I doubt there many men in the senate that haven't done things similar to Franken and I'm ****** he's getting the brunt of it. I hope they all get called out
And that dispicable ego-maniac that's posted about his 50 or so affairs makes me sick

Reactions: Amy SF

There's a photo of Al Franken.

I frequently travelled with men on business. If a couple of them had taken a picture like that after I fell asleep on a plane or train, I would have viewed it as an intentional attempt to embarrass and diminish me. (And I was not someone easily affronted; I was the kind of woman who would have been described as “one of the guys.”)

I've experienced situations such as Moores attack, as well as the thoughtless ones as Sweeten.
I would not have made the latter a public issue.

I never made any of them public.

I think that's part of the reason all of those behaviors, from the clearly predatory to the merely icky, have continued to be so prevalent, though.

Time for Franken to go and time for other Democrats and their supporters to call for him to go also.

Two separate allegations, plus the photo is enough for him to go if we really want to live in a world where women can be more free of this kind of thing.

People in high office have to be held to higher standards since they set the example for all.

Meanwhile, can't believe Roy Moore is hanging on still.

But it can't be about whose is worse. All of this kind of thing is bad.

If everyone that made actions such as Al Franken were to be eliminated from holding office we would quickly have a large majority of women! A very large majority!

Time for Franken to go and time for other Democrats and their supporters to call for him to go also.

No, it’s not. There’s no proof that these accusations are legitimate and anything more than a political witch hunt. There’s no corroboration from unbiased witnesses, and no evidence that he’s a sexual predator.

No, it’s not. There’s no proof that these accusations are legitimate and anything more than a political witch hunt. There’s no corroboration from unbiased witnesses, and no evidence that he’s a sexual predator.

There's a friggin photo.

P.S. I don't think he's a sexual predator, but is that really the standard we are going to set?