Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Yes, once.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, never.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Al Franken wasn’t even a senator when this incident on the plane allegedly occurred. There’s no evidence that he did it more than that one time. If you’re going to condemn one comedian for crass and tasteless sexism, you may as well condemn all the others. What about Bob Hope? His comedy could be pretty sexist.

I believe that in Al Franken’s case, it’s a political witch hunt, pure and simple, because he’s a Democrat and an outspoken liberal voice in the Senate and leader of the opposition against Trump and the Republicans.

I’m not defending sexual harassment, of course, but the accusation itself and the timing and the background of his accuser are very suspicious. I hope this comes up if there is an investigation into this.

Reactions: silva
Al Franken wasn’t even a senator when this incident on the plane allegedly occurred. There’s no evidence that he did it more than that one time. If you’re going to condemn one comedian for crass and tasteless sexism, you may as well condemn all the others. What about Bob Hope? His comedy could be pretty sexist.

I believe that in Al Franken’s case, it’s a political witch hunt, pure and simple, because he’s a Democrat and an outspoken liberal voice in the Senate and leader of the opposition against Trump and the Republicans.

I’m not defending sexual harassment, of course, but the accusation itself and the timing and the background of his accuser are very suspicious. I hope this comes up if there is an investigation into this.
And when has there ever been an SNL alum caught doing incredibly stupid, tacky, tasteless, immature, & incriminating things?? :weird:

I'm not giving Al Franken a pass on this. This picture was not part of some comedy skit, so the fact that he was a comedian has nothing to do with it. Franken is a smart guy, and he was a fully fledged adult when he did this, not a stupid adolescent who hasn't absorbed the limits of decent behavior. (And that's not even addressing her allegations that he forced his tongue down her throat while "rehearsing" for a skit.)

Franken has been an articulate, highly effective spokesman for a lot of causes I value highly. Until this came out, I would have liked to see him run for president in 2020. None of that excuses his behavior.

I don't think he should resign, unless more comes out. But I do think that the Democrats should run someone else for his seat when his term expires.

This FB post by a sitting justice of the Ohio supreme court, who plans to run for governor:

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-17%20at%2011.47.36%20AM.png

This idiot apparently can't tell the difference between consensual sexual encounters and non-consensual ones.

Al Franken says he’s not resigning. Erm, sorry, I don’t have a link right now.
He'd better not! Sorry, but I'd bet half of congress has done worse. I've been in the kind of position of Sweeten- stupid, non thinking friend, who thought it funny. I've also been in positions where there was NO joking whatsoever, no apology, and no remorse. VEry, very different mindsets. I forgive Franken.

Reactions: Amy SF
Al Franken says he’s not resigning. Erm, sorry, I don’t have a link right now.
An appropriate decision IMO. It will be equally appropriate for the Democrats to back a different candidate in the next election.

We have several cases here in Norway now too. Also where other men have known about harassment on work for long time without doing anything. People are more protected here, so few names are mentioned. It's more "sport journalist accused for sexual harssment".

My FB is flooding from time to time. And I'm happy it looks like people react really on it. That enough is enough.

As a man, I have no problem that this is a campain about women. The only thing I wished was possible to do, don't use it against men that's being harassed or raped. But of cause it's impossible. Not saying anyone here do it, but seen several post on FB about it.

We have several cases here in Norway now too. Also where other men have known about harassment on work for long time without doing anything. People are more protected here, so few names are mentioned. It's more "sport journalist accused for sexual harssment".

My FB is flooding from time to time. And I'm happy it looks like people react really on it. That enough is enough.

As a man, I have no problem that this is a campain about women. The only thing I wished was possible to do, don't use it against men that's being harassed or raped. But of cause it's impossible. Not saying anyone here do it, but seen several post on FB about it.
Men are indeed speaking out....

Twenty people have now made allegations of inappropriate behaviour against Kevin Spacey, the majority from his time as the Old Vic’s artistic director. Fourteen of the allegations are so serious that complainants have been advised to go to the police.
By knowing how abusers like Kevin Spacey work, we can root them out | Deborah Orr

The Kevin Spacey Allegations, Through the Lens of Power

Not here. Most post I read about men here, is that they are pathetic if they want to use the metoo tag, and if they are harassed "just deal with it". That makes me sad.
That is really too bad. But sometimes these things start slowly... all it takes is for one or two individuals to get the ball rolling... and for others to realize there is absolutely NO SHAME in standing up & speaking out.

Not here. Most post I read about men here, is that they are pathetic if they want to use the metoo tag, and if they are harassed "just deal with it". That makes me sad.
That is indeed sad. I hope that changes.