• I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, never.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
It's everywhere... always has been. But now it seems everyone on the planet is finally speaking out about it, learning much more about it, or facing consequences because of it.

I gotta say, personally, I'm pretty freaking disillusioned about Kevin Spacey & Dustin Hoffman (two of my favorite actors).... :dismay:

As veil of silence falls, Weinstein effect keeps growing

Last edited:
Not to mention Elie Wiesel and David Corn.

It doesn't surprise me, wrt anybody, but it sure is depressing.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised at the extent of this sort of thing, but also very glad it's getting more out in the open, and that offenders are facing consequences.

Are Weinstein, Spacey etc actually going to jail I wonder? Seems pretty quiet on that front?

I just heard the news that in my home country, Austria, the politician Peter Pilz was accused of sexual assault committed in 2013 and subsequently announced he will quit the parliament: Austrian party leader quits parliament over accusation of sexual assault

Now here's the fun part. (Sorry if this is off-topic and boring for some)

We just had elections in Austria. Peter Pilz, who had been the leading politician of the Austrian Green Party for 20+ years, had been unhappy because he was forced to compete for place # 4 on the party ticket and in the first run, was defeated by a younger politician. Instead of competing again for place # 6, as was suggested to him by other party leaders, he felt insulted and instead decided to start his own party, taking some of the other green politicians with him.

So shortly before the election, there were suddenly 2 "green" parties on the ballot. Even worse, Pilz' new party managed to get about 4.5 % of the vote, while the official green party only got 3.8 % of the vote and thus did not manage to get into the parliament (4 % minimum required). So instead of 24 seats in parliament (13 %) after the 2013 election, there are now 8 seats (4 %) in the Austrian parliament occupied by ecologic parties.

Mr. Pilz was more or less single-handedly responsible for that decline, and now he is also outed as sexual predator ... could they not have outed him half a year ago?????

I'm so mad. :mad:

Last edited:
From The New Yorker....

DC110717.jpg

“It’s true—the President has also been accused of doing bad things, but we hold our movie stars to a higher standard."

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Louis C.K. Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 Women
C.K. is preparing to release the film “I Love You, Daddy” in theaters on Nov. 17. The film–starring, written and directed by C.K.–revolves around a man (C.K.) who becomes concerned when his teenage daughter begins to develop a relationship with a much older filmmaker who has been the subject of multiple sex scandal allegations.
:hmm: