Health Issues Sebacious Cysts and other...

D

Digger

I've been plagued by these my entire life and it seems that I can't go for more than a few years without having one removed surgically. Tomorrow I have to have another one removed. I'd thought that maybe undertaking a vegan diet would get rid of them for good, but I'm not so lucky. My dermatologist tells me that these are largely inherited and that nothing I do will ultimately get rid of them. I'm so tired of this. Has anyone here had this issue as well, and did you find a natural treatment that made them go away without surgery?

I don't think that nutrition would have anything to do with cysts. Where are they situated ? Prehaps you are over cleansing your skin or not protecting it in the sun ?

Shyvas, I always get them on my face, primarily near my ears but this one was right up front near my mouth. The thing is, I can sometimes go for years without getting a single one, but then out of the blue one will pop up like now. It's disconcerting because everyone tells me how gross it is to look at, and then I become very self-conscious of it and my self-esteem takes a hit. Not good for a 49 year-old. :p

He prescribed me Retin-A which I've started using again nightly. It doesn't help cysts which have already formed but it does help to prevent new ones from forming. I used it a long time ago and it does work, it just got so expensive that I had to discontinue it. I just hoped that if I could 'perfect' my diet, I wouldn't need medication at all. But perhaps it really is just a genetic thing.