News Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine

I haven’t seen any shortages on paper products yet. I do have a problem getting Tofurky deli slices and Boca chicken sometimes. But it usually restocks in two weeks. No issue with non dairy milks either thankfully.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
72 hours of food and water is fine. What caused trouble during the early COVID days were people who were buying 100 pounds of rice and 200 rolls of toilet paper. Remember how people bought up all the dry beans at the grocery store (and then never ate them)?

It's the balance yeah. And I think it's random on what people are suddenly hoarding. With the Covid, it was toilet paper. Now, it's a lot of flour. I was guilty of buying three packs of toilet paper instead of my usually two though, so I went a bit crazy perhaps? :p

We haven't had the crazy hoarding in Norway. In the beginning of Covid, some items were sold out, but restocked days or the next week...

I don't think hoarding is the culprit. I think there are Real issues with the supply chain.

I agree - we have almost no cereal left in the grocery store I go to and it is a huge store - Shreddies, regular size box, 5.99 and there were only about 6 of them left and the shelves were very empty for the rest - supply chains issues are a concern as are prices raising which makes people buy more of items they regularly use - I do buy extra if it is on sale and only of items that I use regularly.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
I don’t think what I do can be considered hoarding…I just like to have back ups of items that get used frequently. I don’t even have a lot of canned goods. No more than two cans of each…chickpeas, lentils, black beans, white beans…and two bags of red lentils. When I open the second bag I buy another.

@KLS52 My thing is, I don't currently own a car. I have bought things in bulk for years so I don't have to make so many trips to the store for staples with a long shelf life (rolled oats, dry beans or rice, etc). If we had some sort of apocalyptic event, my stash wouldn't last very long. It wouldn't last long at all if it happened about the time when I was almost out and getting ready to make a trip for supplies.

I'll confess that I did store several jugs of fresh tap water back when people were worried about that Y2K thing that never happened. It was no big deal- I and my animals drank it all. (I still felt silly afterward.) At the time I had food enough for all of us to last almost a month, I think- but that is nothing unusual for me.

Norwegian news claims Russian hackers have tried to hack NATO and different Eastern European countries. If that is true, I wonder how the reactions will be...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Here in the US, Biden is getting a lot of flak for his comments about getting rid of Putin.

Maybe it was a bad idea for him to say it aloud but it's IMHO, what every Democrat is thinking.
Are you serious? Do you want to start a nuclear war? Because that's what's going to happen if you try something like that.

Last edited:
What I love about this forum is that since almost everyone here is a democrat, they are all open about what they really think because they don't have to worry about what republicans (Their fellow crazies) and sane people will think. I'm here but I haven't really been active lately, look at how Lou just advocated for war with Russia, and said that's what all democrats think, now of course it would be foolish to assume that he speaks for all democrats, but I haven't seen any of the democrats of the forum correcting him, a couple of them even expressed agreement with him.

I love watching youtube videos that are bush craft related even though many of the 'tubers are not vegan. Came across one the other day that we decided to support because his videos are interesting and because he is Ukranian and so I know that watching and allowing the commercials to play will be supportive of him. This was the one we started with:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

That's just horrible sad. :(

We have people in comment sections on Facebook in Norway, claiming that this war is just staged and people run out in the streets with makeup to pretend they are dead. And that the Russians are just protecting their angels towards Nazi and the LGBTQ community, Nato, EU and the US. Interesting is also that all the Covid experts are now Ukraine experts and they are also leaning further and further to the right, some even starts to vote for the Nazi parties in Norway... THAT is in fact a scary thing.

If the Nazis and the LGBTQ community rallies together to fight one enemy, we KNOW for sure they are into something... Not that we so far have rallied.

• Angry
Reactions: Emma JC
That's just horrible sad. :(

We have people in comment sections on Facebook in Norway, claiming that this war is just staged and people run out in the streets with makeup to pretend they are dead. And that the Russians are just protecting their angels towards Nazi and the LGBTQ community, Nato, EU and the US. Interesting is also that all the Covid experts are now Ukraine experts and they are also leaning further and further to the right, some even starts to vote for the Nazi parties in Norway... THAT is in fact a scary thing.

If the Nazis and the LGBTQ community rallies together to fight one enemy, we KNOW for sure they are into something... Not that we so far have rallied.
Maybe Norway could take a page our of Finland's play book and teach information literacy in schools.

However as an American I'm not sure I have a right to make suggestions. The crap people believe here in the US is beyond belief.

• Agree
Reactions: Mikkel and Emma JC
Maybe Norway could take a page our of Finland's play book and teach information literacy in schools.

However as an American I'm not sure I have a right to make suggestions. The crap people believe here in the US is beyond belief.

I think ALL countries should do that. But people will probably just think they are trying to control children from young age. Dumb people are everywhere...

Some stupidity from out best “expert” on first Covid, then the war and if everything else goes wrong, blame the transgenders!!

Attachments

• F0955C89-2D01-4D0D-9F3B-72C6976AF84F.jpeg
    F0955C89-2D01-4D0D-9F3B-72C6976AF84F.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 9
I think ALL countries should do that. But people will probably just think they are trying to control children from young age. Dumb people are everywhere...
Of course they are, government is the main source of fake news, if people where truly trained to think critically, government would be abolished within the next decade.

Seems like we can get an answer if Finland will apply to be a member of NATO during April. I do think if Finland becomes a memeber, Sweden may come after too. The Nordic defence alliance will be stronger now too. We are too small countries to be alone anyways and we share a long border towards Russia.