Physical Exercise Running!!

AddieB

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
For those veggie runners out there...

I got very little running in the past 3 weeks with a busy schedule. It'll be nice to get back into a regular running routine. Especially since the weather is absolutely wonderful right now...

I've been doing my hour-long runs twice weekly, along with other workouts. Maybe will increase it gradually to 1 hour 30 min. :)

My calf muscles are back! Woot!

I lost them over winter with my knee injury and the lazees :p

This is my favorite VB thread, so I thought I'd make one here! Yay-ness!

run most weeks a variety of distances from 5 to 25 km. No set pattern as a messy schedule and arthritis get in the way.

I've got my 10K on Sunday, and I'm SO not ready. I got started preparing for it late, and I've been sick all this week. I'm gonna be walking a good portion of it...

I've been pretty good about getting back into running regularly this week. It's been nice to be out on the road.

I've got my 10K on Sunday, and I'm SO not ready. I got started preparing for it late, and I've been sick all this week. I'm gonna be walking a good portion of it...

Awww, well good luck. I'm sure it'll be fine.

I did finally get some new shoes, tho...

What'd you get??

Reactions: Destiny7777
Well, I did NOT finish the 10k today. I woke up coughing and congested. I went down to the race, planning on just picking up my shirt and leaving, but I went ahead and started the race. But I had NO energy... I've been kind of sick all week, and was NOT prepared for the race at all. Got about 2k into it before I decided I couldn't go any further. Turned up the hill and went back home. So, at least I gave it an effort. At least I got my shirt. And now I'm gonna shower and march in the parade. THAT, I can handle...

Reactions: Poppy
Aw that's a shame Randy, can't help being sick though. Well done for giving it a go! :)

I have shiny new shoes too. Got me some Brooks Green Silence because they had great reviews, sounded exactly what I needed and were only £29.99. Can't wait to try them out, but still recovering from yesterday's long run (14 miles after work I am so damned chuffed), will be a couple of days. Took them for a walk in the park today though and they fit at least (bonus on the last 2 pairs of running shoes I bought!).

I am very excited about my new shoes. Don't want to get too enthusiastic just yet as have only done 5k of actual running in them, but I like them very much already.

I love Brooks shoes. I have one of their other models and my husband just bought some this weekend. I'm glad you're liking them Yally, there is nothing better than a nice pair of sneakers!

I've been spending a lot of time exploring the paved multi-use trails around our new apartment. There are some really nice places for running :D

We've had record high temperatures here this past week, which has made running hard. A front finally came through last night so the high for today is only in the high 80sF. I'm looking forward to a nice run in the shaded woods later today!

Did some gorgeous runs in Greece, really hilly and hot so didn't get very far, but the views were amazing.

Got back and ran 10k yesterday. Today is meant to be my long run day but I'm stiff and achey and my hip is really painful again. Frustrating. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I don't want to go back from holiday a total zombie, but I also really want to run. Does anyone else find their long runs leave them zombies at work for a few days?

Oh well, my 'long' run turned into a 4k to the chinese when my knee began to hurt. Didn't want to risk it.

Marathon is in THREE months! Eeeeeep!