Physical Exercise Running!!

Alrighty! So I did it! :) I went with two friends. They both run much faster than I do, so it was definitely a challenge keeping up. xD Worse, right around the halfway point there was a LONG extremely STEEP hill that felt like going up a mountain. Haha. I was already having a bit of an off day (lady cramps... ugh.), so I was already feeling kind of wimpy so going up that hill was crazy brutal. Kind of like "Okay, let's go home now," meanwhile I still had the other HALF of the run remaining.

Anyway, I did manage to recover after that, and while I was still having an off day during the rest of the run I was managing. Right at the 9km point, there was ANOTHER huge uphill! AHHHH! I was like "You've gotta be kidding me!" but what kept me going was the fact that I knew that after that monster it was just 1km from the finish.

So anyway, I did manage to run the entire thing from start to finish. It was pretty cool because there were spectators cheering us on and holding flags, and high fiving the runners, as well as several live bands at different points in the route. After the finish line, there was a large water station where they also provided free snacks. Happily there was something for me too; I was able to happily partake in a banana and some orange slices. There were cinnamon raisin mini bagels that looked tempting, but as I didn't know what was in them, I didn't touch them. There was also chocolate milk and chocolate caramel power bars, but I had to pass on those obviously. Though honestly, I don't think I would've wanted the chocolate stuff anyway even if they were vegan, because immediately after a run I think they'd have made me feel sick. xD

Thankyou! :) And yes, it was quite cool! It's a run that's been held every year for 30 years now, so they make quite a big deal out of it. There were over 50,000 participants. *_* When my friends and I saw the thousands of people behind us, it felt really surreal. A little scary too. We were like "we're going to be trampled!" haha. :)

Reactions: ledboots
That's awesome! :D

It suddenly turned into Summer here a few days ago. We were enjoying Spring, but now I'm sitting on my deck in a tank top and shorts, in 25 degree weather! When I did my run earlier (went at about 11:30AM. Was off work at 10:30 this morning) it was 19 degrees, and we were cooked! Persevered and ran 7km. Luckily the trail goes through a small camp ground, so there are water spigots available on part of the loop, so we stopped at them and drank and splashed ourselves with some cold water a couple times as we passed them.

I love this weather and all, but it's pretty brutal for running. xD; At least some days I'll be able to go bright and early and before it's crazy hot out, so I can just enjoy it like I am right at this moment. Kinda wondering if this weather will hold out until Summer actually technically starts, or if it's a fluke and will turn. I'm used to getting rained on from April to the end of May, so this seems kinda strange, haha.

I really need to run more. I have an obstacle course race coming up in two weeks I am not even remotely ready for. I'm afraid I might die. Must make myself go out for a run RIGHT NOW

Reactions: KLS52
just ran 20 minutes and I feel so tired. I'd better get into shape fast :|

The humidity here has been pretty terrible the past two months. It's making running quite difficult, though I still continue to do my runs five times a week. They're less fun though, and I can't run as far since it's so hard to breathe properly. One morning the humidity was at a whopping 94%. By the end of it I had spots in my eyes, and my chest felt tight and constricted which actually lasted for a few hours. I'm looking forward to Fall; the weather hasn't been all that sunny lately anyway, so we're just getting the mugginess without any of the niceness that usually comes with it.

Hopefully once the air thins out back to normal I'll be able to do my 7km+ runs again. Dx

Yikes, be careful, Oasis. Heat stroke can happen to healthy, fit people. I hate the humidity. Do you have access to a gym? I take to inside workouts when the hazy, hot and humid weather hits.