Unhealthy Vegan to Raw Vegan

I notice when I’m low on B12, and supplements make a difference almost immediately. I now supplement with more than the minimum daily recommended amount of B12 and I feel great. (Nothing excessive - just one supplement per day.)

A vegan multivitamin with iodine would also be a good idea.

And a vitamin D supplement - vitamin D deficiency is extremely common these days.

I also notice benefits from omega oil supplements. But that could be just me.

I agree with David3 that going to the doctor would be a good idea. You can always cancel if the supplements make you feel better.
Amazon sells vegan multivitamins at affordable prices.

Here is one that contains vitamin B12, vitamin D, iodine, and many others. $7 for a 3-month supply. The tablets are tiny and easy to swallow: Amazon.com: Deva Vegan Multivitamin, Mineral Supplement, Tiny Tablets, 90 Count Bottle: Health & Personal Care

Please continue to take your separate B12 supplement, as well.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: bEt and Lou
Omega 3 is very important, mainly for your brain more than anything else. However, for vegans, it must really be obtained from algae, as this contains the DLA/EPA that does the good. Plant obtained Omega 3 is what's know as ALA omega, which doesn't convert very well in the body to algae/fish oil type. The only snag here is that appropriate source for vegans is not cheap.
I've been taking algae DHA for years--I found it makes a tremendous difference in my focus and attention. I never was a fish eater, and I probably never made a good conversion with omega ratios of ALA.
I've always watched amazons prices and have tried many. I bought a second bottle of these, and take one a day, they never give me burps!
Price flucuates-- Amazon.com: Pure & Essential Vegan Omega 3 DHA EPA 600mg, Algae Oil 1340mg & Astaxanthin, 60 Softgels: Health & Personal Care

Reactions: StrawberryField
Update: I feel much better. Between taking a B12 supplement and switching to iodized salt I feel waaaay better. I wish I did one at a time to really find out which is the culprit but I'm glad I'm back to normal. Thanks again everyone.

Update: I feel much better. Between taking a B12 supplement and switching to iodized salt I feel waaaay better. I wish I did one at a time to really find out which is the culprit but I'm glad I'm back to normal. Thanks again everyone.

I think it’s more likely to be the B12. I’m glad you’re feeling better!

Amazon sells vegan multivitamins at affordable prices.

Here is one that contains vitamin B12, vitamin D, iodine, and many others. $7 for a 3-month supply. The tablets are tiny and easy to swallow: Amazon.com: Deva Vegan Multivitamin, Mineral Supplement, Tiny Tablets, 90 Count Bottle: Health & Personal Care

Please continue to take your separate B12 supplement, as well.

I don’t want to derail this thread, but I have to question why I was singled out to be given all of this unsolicited advice.

Like all the other commenters, I posted to offer advice and support to the OP, not to request advice for myself. Nothing about my post indicated that I was lacking in information about dietary supplements.

Regardless of the intention, unsolicited advice tends to come across as insulting because it rests on the assumption that the other person must be ignorant or intellectually inferior. It is commonly used passive-aggressively as a power trip.

I’m assuming your intentions were good. But FYI.

I don’t want to derail this thread, but I have to question why I was singled out to be given all of this unsolicited advice.

Like all the other commenters, I posted to offer advice and support to the OP, not to request advice for myself. Nothing about my post indicated that I was lacking in information about dietary supplements.

Regardless of the intention, unsolicited advice tends to come across as insulting because it rests on the assumption that the other person must be ignorant or intellectually inferior. It is commonly used passive-aggressively as a power trip.

I’m assuming your intentions were good. But FYI.
Hi NYC Gardener,

I really didn’t mean it that way. My intention was to post the vitamin link for the OP, so I should have just made a regular post, rather than a response to your post.

Reactions: Urban Gardener
Hi NYC Gardener,

I really didn’t mean it that way. My intention was to post the vitamin link for the OP, so I should have just made a regular post, rather than a response to your post.

Yeah, I thought it was probably something like that.

Thanks for clearing things up!

• Friendly
Reactions: David3
Hi Everyone. I've been vegan for 2 years but I was one of those extremely unhealthy vegans where I continued to eat processed foods like potato chips, fake meats, and white flour pasta as the majority of my diet. At the beginning of this year I water fasted for 7 days and then decided to go raw. As far as my overall mood and well-being the effects were immediate. Mentally, I feel wonderful. Physically, I fee great too. More energy throughout the day. I've become a light sleeper. One odd thing that started to happen is that my right eye seems to continuously be watery. Just my right. My right eye also happens to be weaker then my left and I've been wearing readers for about 3 1/2 years. I also tend to eat a lot. I have regular bowel movements but sometimes the bowel movement is huge like I've been constipated. I feel like I'm still adjusting physically to this and I'm really hoping going raw will bring back my vision. I also hope it will take care of a couple aches and pains from past injuries. Would anybody like to share their journey the first couple of months or even year when they turned raw vegan?
Hi there
I was raw vegan for a time over ten years ago. I felt great on it to but ate probably too many nuts sometimes . Also sometimes I craved carbs a bit. To be honest I feel that it would be good to eat mostly raw but also to have some cooked foods as well. If I ate like that again I'd probably eat some brown rice as well and high quality bread. Maybe a bit of quinoa or something . I used to make outrageously elaborate salads every day with about 2 to 5 different dips or dressings. I used to take lots of photos of my meals and over the years have watched my habits change quite a bit. I've just emerged from around two years of a challenging period in my personal life and have been probably using that as an excuse to eat a not very good diet🤔 funny, but it's only in the last couple of days that I've definitely decided to sort my diet out so I'm glad I found your post, I'm looking for inspiration! 😊

WELL-WELL
THERE-IS-ONLY-A-SIMPLE-THING-HERE-I-WOULD-LIKE-TO-SHARE.
DEAR-STRAWBERRYFIELD
HAPPY-FIRST-RAWING

IT-IS-NO-SMALL-FEAT-TO-COMPLETELY-HALT-THE-ELEMENT-OF-FIRE-COURSING-THROUGH-THE-HUMAN-BODY
SUDDENLY-THERE-IS-AN-EFFORTLESSNESS-OF-HYDRATION-IN-ALL-CELLS
THE-SMOKE-IN-THE-BRAIN-IS-DISSOLVED-AND-LIFTED
QUANTUM-PHYZICS-TAKES-A-WHOLE-NEW-LEAP-TO-FREEDOM-BRINGING-A-WHOLE-NEW-ORDER-OF-POSSIBILITIES

IT-WAS-NEVER-EASY-IN-RELATIVITY-TO-THE-WHOLE...
...SEEING-AS-CULTURE-IS-COMPLETELY-FIRE-ABSORBED-AND-OUR-ENTIRE-SOCIAL-CONSTRUCT-IS-BASED-ON-ITS-DUALISTIC-LAW. NOTHING-OUTSIDE-THE-BURNING-CAN-BE-CONTAINED-THUS-CANNOT-BE-PERCEIVED
UNLESS-YOU-GO-THERE
IT-TAKES-ABOUT-3-WEEKS-TO-ALIGN
STAYING-IS-THE-MUCH-HARDER-PART
THERE-WAS-ONCE-A-SUCCESSFUL-STRATEGY-I-MAINTAINED-UP-UNTIL-DECEMBER-2017-FROM-SIX-MONTHS-PRIOR.
EATING-ONLY-WHOLE-FOOD-COOKED-BY-THE-EVERY-FEW-DAYS-LIVEFIRE-BY-WOOD-SUCH-AS-I'D-RITUALLY-MADE.
AN-ENERGY-FUEL-WITHIN-THE-BOUNDS-OF-MY-OWN-TIME.
OTHERWISE-A-LOT-OF-EVERYTHING-AVAILABLE-RAW-IN-LOVE-TO-THE-PLANTS.

OTHERWISE-NOW-I-HAVE-MADE-EIGHT-DAYS-WITHOUT-A-GRAM-OF-ANYTHING-SUGARY-AND-KEEPING-TOTALLY-RAW-WITH-GREEN-LEAVES-SEEDS-NUTS-AND-SOAKED-WILD-WHEAT.

I-WOULD-SUSPECT-YOUR-ILL-FEELING-IS-NOTHING-MORE-THAN-EXPULSION. RESTORATION-AND-OPTIMIZATION. GET-GOOD-CLEAN-AIR-INTO-THE-BRAIN. GO-FOR-A-RUN. EXPLORE-A-FOREST. CLIMB-UP-A-TREE. DRINK-LIVING-WATER-INSTEAD-OF-DEPENDING-ON-COMMERCIAL-CHEMISTRY.

IN-LACKECH

Reactions: StrawberryField
WELL-WELL
THERE-IS-ONLY-A-SIMPLE-THING-HERE-I-WOULD-LIKE-TO-SHARE.
DEAR-STRAWBERRYFIELD
HAPPY-FIRST-RAWING

IT-IS-NO-SMALL-FEAT-TO-COMPLETELY-HALT-THE-ELEMENT-OF-FIRE-COURSING-THROUGH-THE-HUMAN-BODY
SUDDENLY-THERE-IS-AN-EFFORTLESSNESS-OF-HYDRATION-IN-ALL-CELLS
THE-SMOKE-IN-THE-BRAIN-IS-DISSOLVED-AND-LIFTED
QUANTUM-PHYZICS-TAKES-A-WHOLE-NEW-LEAP-TO-FREEDOM-BRINGING-A-WHOLE-NEW-ORDER-OF-POSSIBILITIES

IT-WAS-NEVER-EASY-IN-RELATIVITY-TO-THE-WHOLE...
...SEEING-AS-CULTURE-IS-COMPLETELY-FIRE-ABSORBED-AND-OUR-ENTIRE-SOCIAL-CONSTRUCT-IS-BASED-ON-ITS-DUALISTIC-LAW. NOTHING-OUTSIDE-THE-BURNING-CAN-BE-CONTAINED-THUS-CANNOT-BE-PERCEIVED
UNLESS-YOU-GO-THERE
IT-TAKES-ABOUT-3-WEEKS-TO-ALIGN
STAYING-IS-THE-MUCH-HARDER-PART
THERE-WAS-ONCE-A-SUCCESSFUL-STRATEGY-I-MAINTAINED-UP-UNTIL-DECEMBER-2017-FROM-SIX-MONTHS-PRIOR.
EATING-ONLY-WHOLE-FOOD-COOKED-BY-THE-EVERY-FEW-DAYS-LIVEFIRE-BY-WOOD-SUCH-AS-I'D-RITUALLY-MADE.
AN-ENERGY-FUEL-WITHIN-THE-BOUNDS-OF-MY-OWN-TIME.
OTHERWISE-A-LOT-OF-EVERYTHING-AVAILABLE-RAW-IN-LOVE-TO-THE-PLANTS.

OTHERWISE-NOW-I-HAVE-MADE-EIGHT-DAYS-WITHOUT-A-GRAM-OF-ANYTHING-SUGARY-AND-KEEPING-TOTALLY-RAW-WITH-GREEN-LEAVES-SEEDS-NUTS-AND-SOAKED-WILD-WHEAT.

I-WOULD-SUSPECT-YOUR-ILL-FEELING-IS-NOTHING-MORE-THAN-EXPULSION. RESTORATION-AND-OPTIMIZATION. GET-GOOD-CLEAN-AIR-INTO-THE-BRAIN. GO-FOR-A-RUN. EXPLORE-A-FOREST. CLIMB-UP-A-TREE. DRINK-LIVING-WATER-INSTEAD-OF-DEPENDING-ON-COMMERCIAL-CHEMISTRY.

IN-LACKECH
Really cool. Thank you for that.

Reactions: Ayattem