Physical Exercise Running!!

Starting up this thread again as I recently started running. Does anyone else do Parkruns? A free 5k timed running event in your local park every week? It's fantastic motivation without joining a club! Xxx

Reactions: yally
I started running last month. I can only go for thirty minutes right now, but I'm hoping the weather doesn't kill that. Running in the rain sucks but running in snow really sucks!

My walks are beginning to turn into runs finally. :) Took a long time to get started, but I went from barely able to run small stretches during my 4.19km hike, but now I'm basically running the entire thing (mind you there are many many STEEEEEEEP uphills) and I feel so great about myself.

I think the next day I go I'll try the 5km flat hike and see if I can run the lot. Without the uphills weakening me, I think I'd be strong enough to run around the whole thing. It's exciting seeing how much stronger my body is getting all of a sudden after being so weak for so long. A lot of running clubs run that hike in a group. Once I can run around it myself, I want to join one of them to help keep motivated and meet new people. :)

My walks are beginning to turn into runs finally. :) Took a long time to get started, but I went from barely able to run small stretches during my 4.19km hike, but now I'm basically running the entire thing (mind you there are many many STEEEEEEEP uphills) and I feel so great about myself.

I think the next day I go I'll try the 5km flat hike and see if I can run the lot. Without the uphills weakening me, I think I'd be strong enough to run around the whole thing. It's exciting seeing how much stronger my body is getting all of a sudden after being so weak for so long. A lot of running clubs run that hike in a group. Once I can run around it myself, I want to join one of them to help keep motivated and meet new people. :)
This is awesome...good for you! And I'm jealous. :)

Today I'm officially a real runner. :) I ran my first 5k with no walking breaks. I think I had the strength to do it for a while now, but I had a hard time defeating the "I can't do it, it's too far" mental block, but today I finally defeated it, and I did it. And you know what? It wasn't even hard. I could've kept going, but I thought best not to push too hard. Today is a very happy day indeed :D Goodbye 14 pounds to go, shouldn't take long now that I'm a runner!

Thanks! :D I feel really great. I've run it a couple times since then, and still feeling fabulous. I'm so excited that when I head for the trail I can finally say 'going for a run' instead of 'going for a hike.' My next goal is to increase my running distance to 10km. :)

Love the picture by the way, CrazyCatLady. I take it that's you in the photo?

Pb for me this morning!
26.16 for 5k :-D
Awesome job! That's a really great time! :) And I love the shirt.

My runs are getting better. The other day I went out running with one of my friends, and we ran a good 7km :) I'm planning on doing the Sun Run in April (It's a 10k run, and it's a hugely popular event. Thousands of people gather to do it) and I think at this rate, it won't be a problem. :)

^ That's awesome! :) So glad to hear that so many people are taking an interest.

Today I did a 5.6km run! I feel great, and kind of wish I tried for further, haha.