Runner's World Publishes An Obviously Biased Article

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

If it is not biased, it's just stupid.

They compare Just Eggs to real eggs and don't even mention sat fat and cholesterol.

The best thing about the article is the comments. The commenters very easily point out the flaws in the articles. At least the commenters are smart. Too bad about the writer of this article. Even worse what it says about the Editor of the magazine. I wonder if you flipped thru the magazine if you would find an ad for the Incredible Egg.

A while back I tried to figure out what the max safe number of eggs per week a person could have. But the research and the conclusions were so muddied and contradictory I had to give it up. The answer was probably between 2 and 6 a week. but I finally decided that since there is nothing essential or necessary in an egg - and there are other good sources of protein that don't contain any sat fat or cholesterol - the best number of eggs per week is 0.

I gave all the commenters (or is it commentors) a thumbs up.

These two comments are my favourite:

Shouldn't the title be: Are Vegan Eggs Just As Unhealthy As the Real Deal?
and
I'd say that the real question isn't which is healthier for people, but which is healthier for the planet. The primary benefit of vegan substitutes is that they reduce or eliminate animal cruelty and exploitation, and that they are better for the environment. Everything else is a secondary benefit.

Emma JC

Reactions: FlandersOD
Back in my running days I subscribed to Runner’s World- but quickly realized that this caliber of writing was par for the course.

So I did buy some Just Eggs earlier this week. I thought they were a decent substitute for scrambled eggs- had a good texture but not a lot of flavor. I cook with cast iron and haven’t been able to figure out how to get it to not stick, so that’s been frustrating. I will probably buy again, but it won’t be a regular purchase for me. I would like to get some plant-based sausage patties and make a bagel breakfast sandwich as a treat this weekend.

Reactions: Lou
I gave all the commenters (or is it commentors) a thumbs up.

These two comments are my favourite:

Shouldn't the title be: Are Vegan Eggs Just As Unhealthy As the Real Deal?
and
I'd say that the real question isn't which is healthier for people, but which is healthier for the planet. The primary benefit of vegan substitutes is that they reduce or eliminate animal cruelty and exploitation, and that they are better for the environment. Everything else is a secondary benefit.

Emma JC

Maybe the Real Question is which is better for the chickens?