Recommendations for (facial) moisturizers?

IamJen

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good, vegan moisturizer. If some of the over-40 crowd have ideas, that would be especially helpful as I suddenly seem to find myself in that middle-aged combination skin after years of oily skin. I'm using something from Superdrug now (British Walgreens, more or less) but it's not great. I got a sample of something from Kiehls, which was nice too, but super expensive! I seem to remember trying something that I liked from Arbonne, but I can't seem to get ahold of the person who gave me the sample. Der.

Anyway, I'd love some ideas. I hear about using olive oil, but I just absolutely can't stand the greasy feel. I suspect that I might could use something light for the day, as well as night cream too.

What range are you using from Superdrug? I really reccomend the B. range! I haven't used the moisturiser specified for that that age range but have loved the moisturisers and serums from them that I have got.

I don't really rate any of their other ranges to be honest.

I'm 42, have been plagued with a lousy complexion for, ohhh, just the last three decades or so.... and now peri-menopause is doing some pretty interesting things to it. LMAO o_O Anyhoo, I've been recently using the basic moisturizer & exfoliating wipes from Simple. I like. No frills, no BS, they don't aggravate my already moody flesh, I can get 'em at the supermarket, and they don't break the bank.

I checked their site: "We are happy to inform you that the Simple® Face Care products contain no ingredients derived from animals."

and Unilever's: "We do not test our products on animals and are committed to ending animal testing."

Simple Skincare | Skincare Products from Simple

I found a vitamin E vegan organic cream at the Dollar General of all places. :D They have quite a few "natural" products for cheap there!

I like moisturizers from Alba Botanica, and most of them won't kill your wallet. The sea moss moisturizer is really nice.

I'm older (57) and use Gratiae products. (Vegan, not animal tested.) They aren't cheap(!), but I find them on Amazon for a fraction of the price. I use the night serum and then creme, and the eye serum and then creme. I had a great warming masque from them years ago, but haven't gotten it since. I only have to buy the products every 2 years as a little goes a long way. There's another great dead sea facial moisturizer that I've used, have to remember the name.

I am pretty far from vain, way too lazy lol, but a few years ago I needed to change jobs and wanted to look younger r/t discrimination. (Got the job ;)).

I am pretty far from vain, way too lazy lol, but a few years ago I needed to change jobs and wanted to look younger r/t discrimination. (Got the job ;)).
This is the main reason I still color my hair, as I work with a lot of younger people. I will be 55 soon, but most people peg me for early 40s, which helps in the job market. If not for age discrimination, I totally would let it go. It's practically white, lol.

Reactions: ledboots
I usually just use soap and water and a bit of almond oil but I'm going to be 40 very soon (!) so I have just ordered Skin Blossom eye cream from Ocado, so you can probably get it in Waitrose stores. I just checked and you can get it on Amazon too.

Reviving Eye Cream (15ml) | Organic Eye Cream | Skin Blossom
Nourishing Face Moisturiser | 88% Organic Moisturiser | Skin Blossom
The Skin Blossom Story | Skin Blossom

I've been told by vegan friends that Lavera and Weleda brands are quite good.

That Skin Blossom eye cream is really good!

That Skin Blossom eye cream is really good!

I got it delivered just now so I will try it tonight. I'm just hoping it won't give me a reaction as my skin is so sensitive. It's quite a small bottle but I expect to wake up looking 21 years old tomorrow morning.:yes:

Reactions: KLS52
I got it delivered just now so I will try it tonight. I'm just hoping it won't give me a reaction as my skin is so sensitive. It's quite a small bottle but I expect to wake up looking 21 years old tomorrow morning.:yes:
It lasted me quite a while! The only annoying thing with pump tubes like that is you run out suddenly without any warning you're running low.

I found it quite tightening around the undereye area - good for me as I get bad eye bags. Going to reorder soon, just waiting to see if it goes on offer [emoji14]

I saw this one Chamomile & Shea 24 Hour Unscented Facial Moisturiser | [A'kin] at Superdrug (they also sell it at Holland & Barrett) and it is vegan and good for sensitive skin. I thought it was quite expensive (£24) but I read some reviews and people were saying it lasts a long time as you only use a tiny amount each time. I learned that Superdrug sells (vegan) Pacifica soya candles too.

It lasted me quite a while! The only annoying thing with pump tubes like that is you run out suddenly without any warning you're running low.

Yeah, that is annoying. I would rather have cream in a little pot or jar.

What range are you using from Superdrug? I really reccomend the B. range! I haven't used the moisturiser specified for that that age range but have loved the moisturisers and serums from them that I have got.

I don't really rate any of their other ranges to be honest.

Agreed.

I third the "b" range. I use another serum from the range, but it's good. I know they sell them in age categories. I also love Lush's everything but the cost stops it being a daily item for me.

i've been looking for an eye cream so may get that "skin blossom" one actually.

For UK people, I saw there is a code for online beauty retailer FEEL UNIQUE if you order before 11.59pm on Fri 12 Feb, you can get £10 off a £25 spend when you enter the MSE Blagged code MSE10FU. Delivery's free as you'll be spending over £10.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll hcheck the B range for starters, I think, maybe along with the eye cream.

Ah, I had forgotten about the Skin Blossom one. I've only just run out of the A'kin cream as I was only using it around my eyes. I might try the B serum too.

Raggle - what was the name of the brand of moisturisers that you really like? I tried to do a search on here, but it didn't work.