Question-Unique Vegan food & drink products?

masonarbon

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
unique Vegan food and drink products people love and would like to see more of

Hello everyone! I'm doing research for my business sixth form project.
I understand there is a wide variety of vegan products available now but I'm just interested in what unique food or drink products they have tried that they would love to see more of. Or maybe some unique ideas they would like to see that they haven't before. A reply would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone!

Would love to see more eco-friendly packaging, especially on take-away food. It would be useful if the packaging could be easily re-used for something else and/or was compostable. For example, I think the Coop here in the UK makes carrier bags that can be composted or even used to line the compost bin. I would love to see something similar for take-away food.

Would also love for other grocery shops to adopt the compostable bags that the Coop is using.

Last edited:
Agree on the packaging--for everything!

I don't really want 'unique', I'd just like vegan to become the default. Unless animal products truly fill a need they should be gone--and listed just like allergens.

Ingredients that can be sourced from either plants or animals need to be defined

We've found things like mayo, butter like spreads, don't need to have dairy or egg, and are healthier without them.These need to become the usual recipes.

Vit D doesn't need to be added to foods

Lard should just be outawed!

Honey, gelatine, cochineal----NO!

Would love to see more eco-friendly packaging, especially on take-away food. It would be useful if the packaging could be easily re-used for something else and/or was compostable. For example, I think the Coop here in the UK makes carrier bags that can be composted or even used to line the compos bin. I would love to see something similar for take-away food.

Would also love for other grocery shops to adopt the compostable bags that the Coop is using.
Before covid, California was in the process of phasing out all plastic bags. And by charging people for paper bag we hoped to make it so that everyone going into the grocery store had their own bags. At first the grocery stores were prohibited from letting people bring their own bags. but now we are allowed to put the groceries back I the cart and bag the stuff ourselves outside of the store. Some stores even have bagging stations.
Since I do a lot of curbside pickup I ended up with dozens of plastic bags that I ended up putting in the recycle bin. but I know here in California we don't have anything set up anymore to do anything with those. ( I think they end up in a warehouse somewhere).

The little plastic bags that you put your veggies in are now compostable but I hear customers don't like them cause they are flimsy. Plus in my apartment building we have no compost bin. Homeowners can request a little container from the garbage company to keep in their kitchen and they can put it out with the trash. but we have nothing like that for the building I live in.

Oh. I have gone completely off topic again.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1956 and Emma JC
Agree with all of the above mentioned...
Plastic is just Too prevalent in the food sector, lots of Vegans are Very environmentally concise...