UK Product Thread

Oh really! Strange I love them.
I love the "original" Vego bars with the whole hazelnuts as well. I wasn't too fond of their white bar and of the chocolate hazelnut spread though.

I recently tried the new Lindt "milk" chocolate. It's good. Going to try the hazelnut variation next time I go shopping.

• Love
Reactions: Raven
I love the "original" Vego bars with the whole hazelnuts as well. I wasn't too fond of their white bar and of the chocolate hazelnut spread though.

I recently tried the new Lindt "milk" chocolate. It's good. Going to try the hazelnut variation next time I go shopping.

Off course it's not available over here.:weary_face:

Hey, that's usually what I say when I see a new product on this thread, lol.
Haha me too. The USA is bad with getting a lot of the good vegan stuff. I mean I’m grateful for what we do have but usually when something new and fun comes out it’s in the UK.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
There are so many new products here, I doubt I will ever try them all.

Reactions: KLS52
This stuff is DELICIOUS.

I love honeycomb but can't find it over here.
Haha me too. The USA is bad with getting a lot of the good vegan stuff. I mean I’m grateful for what we do have but usually when something new and fun comes out it’s in the UK.

True. It's the N°1 country in Europe for new vegan products. Moreover, compared to the US, they are available in all major supermarkets and the prices are excellent value for money. All thanks to our ever growing Flexitarian population!

True. It's the N°1 country in Europe for new vegan products. Moreover, compared to the US, they are available in all major supermarkets and the prices are excellent value for money. All thanks to our ever growing Flexitarian population!
Definitely.

However, I'm grateful that many of the vegan products are now available in "regular" supermarkets in Germany as well. Discounters as well, though not as much.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
1642409366103.png

Supermarket chain Morrisons has unveiled an extensive plant-based range for Veganuary. The line already has 50 products, including ready meals, sandwiches, meat alternatives, and desserts.

Among these products are No Duck Pancakes, Butternut Penang Curry, No Chicken Shwarma Flatbread, Pumpkin Falafel, and Beefless Wellington.

Wagamama isn’t the only restaurant to embrace veganism. A number of other U.K.-based food chains are moving to include more plant-based offerings on their menus.

In 2019, sandwich shop chain Pret overhauled its menu for the first time in 33, introducing eight new vegan dishes and five vegetarian options. It also announced plans to buy out and convert its rival café chain, EAT, into Veggie Pret locations. The chain carries plant-based menu options including salads, sandwiches, and wraps.

The year prior, peri-peri chicken restaurant chain Nando’s revealed it would be adding more plant-based offerings to its menu in an effort to combat climate change.

1642416267182.png

Marks & Spencer has revealed a delicious new selection of vegan products in its Plant Kitchen range for Veganuary 2022.

This year, the retailer has pulled out all the stops with the launch of a whopping 175 tasty new treats!

1642416465516.png

1642416405948.png

1642416642275.png

Pictured is the Plant Kitchen VLT (£3.50, 196g ). The sandwich is made with a wheat and pea protein rasher, vegan ‘baconnaise’, lettuce and tomatoes on soft malted bread

Reactions: Raven and KLS52
We had some tiramisu the other day. I can't remember which supermarket it came from. But it was quite good. I think the other two Summers liked it more than I did. I probably had too high expectations.

Three Girls Vegan Creamery makes a tiramisu. I’ve been wanting to try it but keep hesitating. It’s pricey. My issue with not liking some vegan desserts is the maker’s desire to make it more healthy. So the desserts are usually not sweet/flavorful enough for me. But I think I’m going to have to buy it one day.

I’ve purchased cupcakes, cookies and donuts from different vendors/stores that are often dry and tasteless. I don’t understand, if I can make really good tasting baked goods by just veganizing already successful recipes, why the professionals can’t do so too. I do think it’s when they sub in whole wheat flour and sugar alternatives that ruins it… again, for me.

The best place for great tasting vegan treats is now Shayna B’s By The Sea in Westbrook. And Shoreline Diner in Guilford.

Three Girls Vegan Creamery makes a tiramisu. I’ve been wanting to try it but keep hesitating. It’s pricey. My issue with not liking some vegan desserts is the maker’s desire to make it more healthy. So the desserts are usually not sweet/flavorful enough for me. But I think I’m going to have to buy it one day.

I’ve purchased cupcakes, cookies and donuts from different vendors/stores that are often dry and tasteless. I don’t understand, if I can make really good tasting baked goods by just veganizing already successful recipes, why the professionals can’t do so too. I do think it’s when they sub in whole wheat flour and sugar alternatives that ruins it… again, for me.

The best place for great tasting vegan treats is now Shayna B’s By The Sea in Westbrook. And Shoreline Diner in Guilford.
100% agree
I am totally convinced the US purposely defeats any real attempts to change consumers minds. I've had the most delicious frozen foods that is never seen again, while others that I think so subpar continue to be available. Frozen vegan pizza is a good example. Daiya is awful but it's always there. TJ"s had a cheeseless one I loved-but it had honey! Now they have a meatless one-with anise flavor.
Stouffers had a butternut squash ravioli my mother would get that just happened to be vegan- when I discovered it was, it was never seen again!

Baked goods are mostly no different made without eggs or dairy, yet they seem to taint them just to keep them from being vegan!
Remember the old "Dream Whip"? Used to be vegan. You could use non dairy milk.

I found this plant based butter at big y. They didn’t have Miyokos so I figured I’d try it. It’s really good. It doesn’t have the margarine taste that EB has. It won’t replace Miyoko for me for toast and bagels, but I did try it on a bagel this morning and l was pleasantly surprised. It had a light mild buttery taste. It’s also so much cheaper…$3 for 16 ounces instead of 6.49 for 8 ounces of Miyoko’s! I’ll use it for baking for sure. I have the avocado oil one.

I found this plant based butter at big y. They didn’t have Miyokos so I figured I’d try it. It’s really good. It doesn’t have the margarine taste that EB has. It won’t replace Miyoko for me for toast and bagels, but I did try it on a bagel this morning and l was pleasantly surprised. It had a light mild buttery taste. It’s also so much cheaper…$3 for 16 ounces instead of 6.49 for 8 ounces of Miyoko’s! I’ll use it for baking for sure. I have the avocado oil one.

That's my favorite! The almond oil is the best, IMO, but I can't find it anymore. I have the olive oil one now, and it's fine, but still has the margarine kinda taste, where I felt the almond oil was more buttery I guess
The sticks are saltier than the spreads
I always check for coupons on their site when I see a sale