UK Product Thread

I wish someone would plan on decent vegan cheese. :laughing:

Sensational_VUNA_packshot_front-Nestlé-300x273.jpg

I agree (nothing vegan tastes anything like dairy cheese) and believe that vegan options can be highly improved via research.

• Agree
Reactions: Mufflon
The ingredient lists and/or nutritional values of vegan cheeses are off-putting most of the time for me.

I sometimes buy the really expensive cashew based brie or camembert by Happy Cashew or Jay & Joy. Now that the weather is cooler I can order them online again without risking them going bad even before they arrive.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
The ingredient lists and/or nutritional values of vegan cheeses are off-putting most of the time for me.

I sometimes buy the really expensive cashew based brie or camembert by Happy Cashew or Jay & Joy. Now that the weather is cooler I can order them online again without risking them going bad even before they arrive.

True and they don't even contain protein. I've never taken the plunge to order Jay & Joy due to the price. How do you find they taste compared to dairy?

True and they don't even contain protein. I've never taken the plunge to order Jay & Joy due to the price. How do you find they taste compared to dairy?
It depends on how old the cheese is. Both with the brie and the camembert I was pleasantly surprised that the outer surface just smells and touches like, well... camembert or brie.

The inner consistency is creamier than the dairy stuff. Also looks darker. The taste is more pungent/intensive. People who love older cheese might be more drawn to it.

It's more the consistency that's off in regards to dairy than the taste (for me)..

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
It depends on how old the cheese is. Both with the brie and the camembert I was pleasantly surprised that the outer surface just smells and touches like, well... camembert or brie.

The inner consistency is creamier than the dairy stuff. Also looks darker. The taste is more pungent/intensive. People who love older cheese might be more drawn to it.

It's more the consistency that's off in regards to dairy than the taste (for me)..

That's interesting to know. However, I cannot take the plunge and fork out nearly 12 € for a small piece of cheese. Moreover, the two cheeses that I miss are farmhouse cheddar and Stilton.​

Errr, I'd like to get an Old Amsterdam and freshly grated Parmesan that starts to melt on the pasta.

Ok, 12 Euro is a lot of money. I think I paid about 6 Euro for a Happy Cheese Camembert. Still a lot of money though when compared to dairy cheese.

Errr, I'd like to get an Old Amsterdam and freshly grated Parmesan that starts to melt on the pasta.

Ok, 12 Euro is a lot of money. I think I paid about 6 Euro for a Happy Cheese Camembert. Still a lot of money though when compared to dairy cheese.

I also miss authentic parmesan but it's not even vegetarian.

I miss fresh mozzarella, provolone, blue and cottage cheeses.