Post Something Cool From The Internet

I looooove this!

“Poland does not celebrate Halloween, but Poland sets its cemeteries 'on fire' and - believe me - those cemeteries are the most beautiful places to be at the beginning of November.

November 1st- All Saints' Day and November 2nd- All Souls' Day are days when almost everyone visits graves of their family members. The gravestones are decorated with colorful chrysanthemums in full bloom (in Poland those flowers are associated with this particular occasion) and millions of grave candles (zniczy), which symbolize the presence of God and reminds of the prayer that has been said in a moment of reflexion for those who passed before us.

This Christian celebration of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day roots in a belief that there is a powerful spiritual bond between those in heaven and the living.

Those days are national holidays in Poland. This special time of the year creates a very melancholic atmosphere full of spiritual contemplation about those who are not with us in this world anymore.

If you are planning a trip anywhere in Poland at the beginning of November - make sure to have a look at how beautiful and full of light Polish cemeteries are.”

59F63B41-0342-463F-95A6-F22DBAECEEF3.jpeg45BF8F32-986B-48AF-A1F6-ACCA6DB78BC5.jpeg

I am not posting this as an endorsement of LSD ,just an interesting clip that at the time of recording, LSD was legal .

it seems the story about the hanging is true

This is a great story. If you find the video interesting you probably will like the book, Longitude, by Dava Sobel.

When I went to the library to get that book I mistakenly came home with the book, the Longitude Prize, by Joan Dash. I didn't even realize it till I got to the end that it was targeted to middle schoolers. I'm glad I read it.

These are great stories that are full of different aspects: science; history; human interest.

Reactions: Emma JC
This is a great story. If you find the video interesting you probably will like the book, Longitude, by Dava Sobel.

When I went to the library to get that book I mistakenly came home with the book, the Longitude Prize, by Joan Dash. I didn't even realize it till I got to the end that it was targeted to middle schoolers. I'm glad I read it.

These are great stories that are full of different aspects: science; history; human interest.
Thanks for that lou.I might take your advice I can get an audiobook by Sobel of the net.

Thanks for that lou.I might take your advice I can get an audiobook by Sobel of the net.
A couple of other things.
there is also a version of Longitude that is illustrated. Could be a good companion to the audio book.

There is also a TV series based on the book. Its twenty years old but you probably can find it at the library. Try your streaming service - you never know.

• Informative
Reactions: Blues