Post Something Cool From The Internet

This is surprising similar to the Taiko drummers of Japan.
Traditional Taiko didn't allow females to drum. it was something like a martial art.
However, nowadays there are lots of female drummers.
modern Taiko drummers do lots of other non traditional things, too.

I typically go to the OBon festival in San Jose. they have a really good group of Taiko drummers. I think this version of Sing, Sing, Sing was inspired by a historical footnote. During WWII, some of the Japanese in the internment camps formed bands to entertain themselves.

• Love
Reactions: EllieW
This is surprising similar to the Taiko drummers of Japan.
Traditional Taiko didn't allow females to drum. it was something like a martial art.
However, nowadays there are lots of female drummers.
modern Taiko drummers do lots of other non traditional things, too.

I typically go to the OBon festival in San Jose. they have a really good group of Taiko drummers. I think this version of Sing, Sing, Sing was inspired by a historical footnote. During WWII, some of the Japanese in the internment camps formed bands to entertain themselves.

Thats was good 😌one group adapting the traditions of sound of one country to another .
It would get any audience going.

Not exactly your mother’s harp! 😁 it’s interesting but not what I expected. I like the traditional harp sounds. 😊

Ah, yes, traditional harp also sounds lovely.

I saw something with a harp that I thought was pretty cool the other day.

Oh, I posted it over here. Awesome Grateful Dead cover.

another harp thing I like is this. Where a deer is attracted to a girl playing a harp in the woods.

while looking this up on YouTube I found another one

and then another

I love that Grateful Dead cover! :)

Reactions: KLS52
Well, this is not cool. but I post it here because its shocking.
There is this guy in Philadelphia and on his commute to work he videos people on the street.
I'm pretty sure what we are viewing is a perfect storm of homelessness, drug addiction and urban decay.

Anyway, he does this everyday and his channel it pretty depressing. but go ahead and watch if for a few minutes if you are strong enough. This is not a good idea for emotionally vulnerable.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
There is this guy in Philadelphia and on his commute to work he videos people on the street.
I'm pretty sure what we are viewing is a perfect storm of homelessness, drug addiction and urban decay.

Anyway, he does this everyday and his channel it pretty depressing. but go ahead and watch if for a few minutes if you are strong enough. This is not a good idea for emotionally vulnerable.

I watched one of these videos about a year ago .At first I thought the people were just acting ,to my horror I realised they weren’t, what a sorry state. Now that America is out of Afghanistan it might look at its internal problems ,instead of other countries and try and get some stability.

That's horrible.
I remember some years ago, I watched this one video where Russian kids who lived in an abandoned building told that they sniff glue to numb themselves against the freezing temperatures and to forget the abuse that they have suffered.
These people don't survive for long and they can't better their situation by themselves. They need a lot of help to get back into society. And because of the immense mental trauma, they need regular support to stay in the society.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: PTree15
I don' t know what AOC was doing at the Met Gala, but she is certainly getting a lot of flak over her dress. A lot of the other designers were trying to make statements with their gowns. AOC's designer went as far as spelling it out. :)

Oh btw, if you can't read it - it says "TAX THE RICH".

http---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-210913210627-34b-met-gala-red-carpet-2021-alexandria-oca...jpg

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and silva