Portabello Mushroom Burgers

digitalsatori

Newcomer
Reaction score
Oh my god. My wife made these for me last night and I've never had anything so delicious!

I was really nervous because the entire 'meat' (ha ha) of the burger is a large portabello cap. But, it really was amazing. I'm still going on about it because it really was that good. Really.

This is the recipe she tried; she said it was so easy I could probably make it myself. ;)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/portobello-mushroom-burgers/

Thanks for sharing the recipe - I might just have to try this! Mushrooms have always been kind of a hit or miss with me - and it sounds like it has a large amount of it. :p But since you say it was amazing, you're probably right.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I actually love mushrooms, so would love to try this. Unfortunately, I live in a very rural area and can't get portabellos. I wonder if it could be made with regular mushrooms, maybe make sliders instead of burgers. :)

Also, it calls for balsamic vinegar, is it really much different in taste to regular apple cider or rice vinegar. I know rice vinegar has a more sweet taste. Anyway, this sounds like a great recipe for a meatless dinner. Thanks again.

This sounds really good to me. I love mushrooms, and I could probably replace a real burger with a portabello and be happy. There are few things I could say that about and actually mean it.

Some foods I'd probably just end up skipping altogether rather than trying to replace them if I went full veg. But this could actually work.