US Politics-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Another option, although not my preferred one, is for Biden to sit down with leading Republicans and say look, my three top priorities are x, y and z. If any of those bills get filibustered, we will eliminate the filibuster. Push those three through and we'll leave it in.)

I not only think that is the most likely but it doesn't even have to be stated. It is already implied.
and it may even come up next week.
You won't even confirm Biden's cabinet posts. well we take make confirmations a simple majority.

Keeping the super majority in helps democracy. It makes it more likely for bipartisan support.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
They don't really mean anything. Bernie looks really comfortable but cold. and the mittens are sort of incongruous.

Someone thought it would be funny to shop him into a different setting and It was. So then like a thousand other people have done it.

View attachment 23385
Hmmm ok. I didn’t realize him in the gloves was an actual photo of him at the inauguration lol. I thought the gloves were photoshopped Hahahahahaha. So that helps understand. I guess I’m not that entertained by it lol. But it sheds light it at least.

Lady Gaga's Hunger Games outfit, Bernie's mittens, and Al Gore's visit from the moon.

and I was worried that the late night comedians wouldn't have any good material.

speaking of Bernie's mittens, NPR interviewed the mom and teacher who made them. Repurposed wool. I will have to tell my sister about that.

So not worried about late night comedians. We have Ted Cruz on the job.

So. first Ted Cruz tweets, " By rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement, President Biden indicates he’s more interested in the views of the citizens of Paris than in the jobs of the citizens of Pittsburgh. This agreement will do little to affect the climate and will harm the livelihoods of Americans."

Of course many tweets followed , AOC tweeted, "Nice tweet Sen. Cruz! Quick question: do you also believe the Geneva Convention was about the views of the citizens of Geneva?

A number of tweets asked if he thought rejoining WHO benefits the citizens of Whoville.

Greta Thurenberg also had a nice rejoinder. "So happy that USA has finally rejoined the Pittsburgh Agreement. Welcome back!"

This is so annoying. I liked it better when I was clueless and didn’t pay attention to anything pertaining to politics.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Lol at Whoville.

Reactions: KLS52
To begin impeachment, it requires a majority vote from the House of Representatives: Impeachment in the United States - Wikipedia

But, the U.S. House of Representatives is currently controlled by the Democrats: Party Breakdown .

Therefore, Greene's proposed impeachment of Biden will not proceed, and she knows it. She is doing it to gain popularity and votes.

Last edited:
Therefore, Greene's proposed impeachment of Biden will not proceed, and she knows it. She is doing it to gain popularity and votes.
Then when they kick her out of congress she can claim its retribution for her articles of impeachment and not the collaboration with the insurectionists.

Too many people laughed at Trump in 2016 and the media´s initial "look at this ridiculous joke candidate" coverage might have helped to build him up. Cruz is probably a front runner for 2024 if Trump is out of the picture. Better off ignoring him, instead of giving him oxygen? Better off figuring out how to stop him, rather than laughing it off? Maybe he turns out to be the competent autocrat, and the hateful populist that actually is smart enough to really mess things up.

If they haven´t already, I do think democrats need to address the concerns of the workers losing their jobs in the pipeline cancellation and other fossil fuel industries. The average American probably has job concerns. Maybe offer some compensation for workers losing their jobs, schemes to find new jobs, and of course keep pushing the (probably correct) argument that clean energy overall will lead to more jobs won that lost.

What solid evidence does anyone really have that this “representative”government really performs any actions what of the people want for themselves? Is the story that the media tells us reflect anything an actual reality other than just a fake news story? Isn’t it just really a phony narrative of our corporate owners and global power structure? Isn’t Trump and Biden the same thing just a different brand package? You’re fooling yourself if you believe this five corporation media narrative. You’re wasting your time if you’re arguing with your friends and neighbors regarding this blue versus red scheme.The future holds the same thing as the past. More wars, more global destruction, more tax code, more pointless and arbitrary legislation, and more taxes sucking off the people. And of course, well have wasteful spending and currency depreciation and economic manipulation. And probably, my friends, plenty of tax subsidies for polluting and waste for farm factory production feeding the people toxic compounds that lead to early demise. Like I said, is there anyone who actually believes this scheme? If you look deeper, you have to give up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.