US Politics-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue to be intermittently optimistic. In my mind I think the Republicans praying at the Altar of Trump just might turn out to be a good thing. When Trump goes to jail - maybe it just shatters the Republican Party. Even now you can see the cracks forming. Just a little over half of the Republican voters are Trump supporters. Even without Trump going down I can see splinter groups forming. The Senate might be unified behind McConnell right now but I don' t see that being the case in July. Once the Senators go back home and see that they are losing popular support they may realize that McConnell is driving too close to the cliff.
I doubt Trump will go to jail, sadly. He'll find some way to escape it, as the rich usually do. I have no optimism as long as the GOP remains in this unified obstructionist state.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou
What's wrong with Ron Paul?
It's been a while, but I remember Ron Paul as quite the wack job. He was quite the hypocrite on individual rights, or I suppose, almost like the Jim Crow laws of past years. He would declare freedoms for everyone, but vote on so many restrictions it was clear he opposed the rights of most all but his own preferences.
He is misogynistic, homophobic, gives preference to the right of people to spread hate than prosecute the crimes, and doesn't "believe" in global climate changes--or pretty much science in general.
I find the catagory of "liberatarian" to mostly be a charade of self interests

....but not as wacky as his son Rand!!!!:woo::tinfoilhat:

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
It's been a while, but I remember Ron Paul as quite the wack job. He was quite the hypocrite on individual rights, or I suppose, almost like the Jim Crow laws of past years. He would declare freedoms for everyone, but vote on so many restrictions it was clear he opposed the rights of most all but his own preferences.
He is misogynistic, homophobic, gives preference to the right of people to spread hate than prosecute the crimes, and doesn't "believe" in global climate changes--or pretty much science in general.

Be that as it may, what he said about Joe Biden still stands.

What restrictions did he vote for? The only ones that I am aware of are giving states the power to criminalize flag burning, and preventing gay couples from adopting, but consider that he was also the only senator who voted against the patriot act, which was far more authoritarian than any flag burning law, also remember that Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton both voted against legalizing gay marriage.

I don't think that he a misogynist, however he's probably homophobic.

Be that as it may, what he said about Joe Biden still stands.
Here's the thing....everyone says things that have merit, but when you use them as examples you are, by default, giving them credence.,'
I could pick out things Micheal Vick said that were nice about dogs at the time he was running dogfighting. Or pick out good things about vegetables from Weston Price. Both would be horrible ideas, and really give people the wrong impression of where I stand.

Ron Paul voted against hate crimes because he felt it encrouched on peoples rights.
He wanted to make abortions illegal. and contraception harder to obtain. He was quite opposed to all equal rights IMO

Reactions: Second Summer
Here's the thing....everyone says things that have merit, but when you use them as examples you are, by default, giving them credence.,'
I could pick out things Micheal Vick said that were nice about dogs at the time he was running dogfighting. Or pick out good things about vegetables from Weston Price. Both would be horrible ideas, and really give people the wrong impression of where I stand.

Ron Paul voted against hate crimes because he felt it encrouched on peoples rights.
And I don't disagree with him, Why should crime committed out of hate be treated any differently than a regular crime?
He wanted to make abortions illegal. and contraception harder to obtain. He was quite opposed to all equal rights IMO
Indeed he did, and as I have no opinion on abortion I have nothing more to say on the topic.

I think it's worth pointing out that he voted against banning gay marriage twice, Which is more than can be said for either Biden or Hillary.

Yes. Ron Paul voted against some stuff that nobody else did - and should have.

however, basically Ron Paul voted against almost everything,

A Florida Man does help provide some comic relief and fodder for Florida Crime Writers. tho. so there is that

Speaking of A Florida Man, then there is this.

Not exactly Karma. but sort of ironic.

Yes. Ron Paul voted against some stuff that nobody else did - and should have.

however, basically Ron Paul voted against almost everything,
Regardless, the post was supposed to be about Biden and what he did, not Ron Paul.

A Florida Man does help provide some comic relief and fodder for Florida Crime Writers. tho. so there is that

Speaking of A Florida Man, then there is this.

Not exactly Karma. but sort of ironic.

Pretty ironic
I wonder what Trump would think of this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.