Please cook this and tell me if it makes you sleepy.

Flowrydabae

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Please help. Every single time I eat this, I fall asleep. I wanted to see if other people end up getting sleepy as well. This dish is, well, I don't even really know what this is. I'd like to think it's lasagna, but with regular spiral noodles.

Step 1: Boil your noodles. I use the Trader Joe's brown rice noodles. They're gluten free and vegan with only 3 ingredients. Brown rice, water, and salt.

20200119_093419.jpg

Step 2: Put spinach in there. I use the frozen kind.

20200119_093407.jpg

Step 3: Add sauce. I like this kind because it's got a V on it. Add salt if you want it. I wouldn't suggest pepper just because there's already a lot of pepper in this particular sauce, I think.

20200119_093332.jpg

20200119_093313.jpg

Step 4: Top it with vegan cheese. I prefer Trader Joe's vegan cheese.

20200119_093353.jpg
Should look like this:

20200119_093257.jpg

Optional Step 6: Top it with more spinach to make it look nice.

20200119_093235.jpg

Step 7: Heat it up in the oven or microwave until the cheese melts.

20200119_093108.jpg

Step 8: Let it cool and eat it.

20200119_095130.jpg

I usually make this at work because I can't make it at home. Everytime I eat this, I get sleepy. Make sure to drink a liter of water with this meal because that's what I like to do. Let me know if it makes you sleepy too. If it didn't, I think it's because you skipped step 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelli
Please help. Every single time I eat this, I fall asleep. I wanted to see if other people end up getting sleepy as well. This dish is, well, I don't even really know what this is. I'd like to think it's lasagna, but with regular spiral noodles.

Step 1: Boil your noodles. I use the Trader Joe's brown rice noodles. They're gluten free and vegan with only 3 ingredients. Brown rice, water, and salt.

View attachment 1426

View attachment 1427

Step 3: Add sauce. I like this kind because it's got a V on it. Add salt if you want it. I wouldn't suggest pepper just because there's already a lot of pepper in this particular sauce, I think.

View attachment 1428

View attachment 1429

View attachment 1430
Should look like this:

View attachment 1431

View attachment 1432

View attachment 1433

View attachment 1434

I usually make this at work because I can't make it at home. Everytime I eat this, I get sleepy. Make sure to drink a liter of water with this meal because that's what I like to do. Let me know if it makes you sleepy too. If it didn't, I think it's because you skipped step 5.

That looks delicious and yet it is a lot of cheese... I can't tell how much of the 8 oz package you used but it looks like at least half or more... here is the nutritional information per 1 oz:

Nutrition
  • Serving Size: 1oz (28g/about 1/4 cup.
  • Calories 90Kcal 5%
  • Calories from Fat 60Kcal 9%
  • Total Fat 6g 10%
  • Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  • Sodium 210mg 9%
  • Total Carbohydrate 7g 3%
  • Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
So if you felt sleepy it was likely because your body was trying to deal with a lot of fat, a ton of sodium, NO fibre (other than the spinach and some from the noodles). My suggestion... put in a lot more veggies and a lot less cheese. Put some nutritional yeast and maybe a few sprinkles of the cheese. A lot less expensive and much easier on the body.

Emma JC

A couple of things the will contribute to a mid-day/mid-afternoon crash - inadequate breakfast, too much morning caffeine, sugar in the mornings, inadequate sleep. Could any of those be an issue?

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
That looks delicious and yet it is a lot of cheese... I can't tell how much of the 8 oz package you used but it looks like at least half or more... here is the nutritional information per 1 oz:

Nutrition
  • Calories 90Kcal 5%
  • Total Fat 6g 10%
  • Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  • Sodium 210mg 9%
  • Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
So if you felt sleepy it was likely because your body was trying to deal with a lot of fat, a ton of sodium, NO fibre (other than the spinach and some from the noodles). My suggestion... put in a lot more veggies and a lot less cheese. Put some nutritional yeast and maybe a few sprinkles of the cheese. A lot less expensive and much easier on the body.

Emma JC
Oh okay, I get it now. This is vegan Paula Dean food then. Makes sense. When I eat it, I don't really feel sick. I just feel full, and extremely sleepy. I usually only eat salad, so I wanted to start trying to eat more fattening foods for that calorie intake at least once or twice a month to treat myself.

Oh okay, I get it now. This is vegan Paula Dean food then. Makes sense. When I eat it, I don't really feel sick. I just feel full, and extremely sleepy. I usually only eat salad, so I wanted to start trying to eat more fattening foods for that calorie intake at least once or twice a month to treat myself.

understood.... I would suggest tahini, nut butters, avocado as alternative fattening foods as they still have the fibre intact and will be a treat, be satiating and not so sleep inducing? 🤓

Tahini drizzled overtop of a dish like that, along with some sprinkled nooch would make it just so so tasty.

Emma JC

A couple of things the will contribute to a mid-day/mid-afternoon crash - inadequate breakfast, too much morning caffeine, sugar in the mornings, inadequate sleep. Could any of those be an issue?
I usually sleep a lot. Sometimes I honestly don't have breakfast or eat until I feel full. I never touch coffee. I absolutely love sugar on days when I'm celebrating which is like every other 4 months. I don't know. Maybe it's the lack of breakfast food.

Looks sooooo good!!!! I love brown rice noodles! I have a hard time sleeping though. I wish i could sleep a lot .

Reactions: Flowrydabae
Oh hey, I just realized. This is vegan baked ziti. Oh gosh. Look at me everyone. World genius. I cook stuff, and I don't even know what anything I cook is called.

View attachment 1426

View attachment 1427

View attachment 1428

View attachment 1429

View attachment 1430
Should look like this:

View attachment 1431

View attachment 1432

View attachment 1433

View attachment 1434

I don't see a step five and by the way, it's good you eat this at work because that's when you need to be sleepy lol

Reactions: MoreGreens
I don't see a step five
That's because there never was one. A joke, if you will. Wanted to see if people would actually go back to see if there was a step 5.

and by the way, it's good you eat this at work because that's when you need to be sleepy lol

Another joke. Glad you picked that one up too. In all seriousness though, I eat it when I clock out.

Nutrition
  • Calories 90Kcal 5%
  • Total Fat 6g 10%
  • Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  • Sodium 210mg 9%
  • Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Emma JC
I'm with you. I wouldn't/couldn't eat that much pasta and I don't much eat but a small bite of fake cheese very occasionally. I'd opt for a large bowl of steamed broccoli, a small handful of pasta (maybe), and some hummus or avocados & salsa or something. But that's just me

Reactions: Emma JC
I totally went to see what step five was. Since there wasn’t one, I thought the whole post was a joke... 😂

Pasta and pizza--any processed flour food- are my weakness. I have no control and can eat massive amounts, and then yes, I sleep like a rock!
I'm not in the least satisfied if I have a normal portion, almost like it makes me angry