Pistorius Murder Trial

heat of the moment killings don't always provide very good defences. If he felt a huge amount of rage at his girlfriend, then maybe he wouldn't have cared about his defence, at the time.
I wouldn't blame the guy for having a huge amount of pent up anger about having no lower legs. It must have been hard growing up with that.
I wasn't thinking anger, Blobbers, I was thinking fear.

If Oscar genuinely didn't know that it was Steenkamp was in the bathroom then that becomes the fear of a disabled man wih a girlfreind he might fear he was not 'whole man' enough to protect.

All anyone knows for sure on this is that whatever happened for whatever reasons has destroyed the lives of two young people with a lot to live for and spun off to blight the lives of freinds and family, and further, from there.

I just feel VERY VERY sad.

The mans already destroyed, BC. He is the new OJ.

In prison or out his life is going to be a living hell from now on.

What is it exactly that you think a longer stint in prison could possibly constructively achieve?

I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison with OJ. Nonetheless, given his high profile, a longer prison sentence might make others who would do the same, think twice.

But his life isn't ruined. There are plenty of women who are attracted to the "bad boy" persona (see Boston bomber), and believe it or not, there are plenty of businesses that would still like to have him as a spokesperson. Especially now that they'll probably be able to sign him up on the cheap.

Well, it destroyed the life of one young person. The other one could be home in a year with the rest of his life ahead of him.

I wonder if there's a law in S. Africa that prohibits convicted criminals from profiting on books/films etc about the case...

I'm going to start by naming the victim. Her name was Reeva Steenkamp. I'm starting with Reeva because, like so many female victims of violence and abuse, her name has been lost, worse still: voluntarily disregarded. In a Twittersphere where language is edited and words counted and capped, it is language that has most shocked me today, the day that Oscar Pistorious was sentenced to five years for the 'culpable homicide' of his girlfriend, Reeva. He will probably only serve 10 months...

Her Name Was Reeva Steenkamp

Reactions: KLS52
I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison with OJ. Nonetheless, given his high profile, a longer prison sentence might make others who would do the same, think twice.

But his life isn't ruined. There are plenty of women who are attracted to the "bad boy" persona (see Boston bomber), and believe it or not, there are plenty of businesses that would still like to have him as a spokesperson. Especially now that they'll probably be able to sign him up on the cheap.

I think Pistorious's life and future may be slightly less bright post-Steenkamp than it was before.

Thing that worries me is why anyone would deliberately throw away so much when there was absolutely sweet FA to gain.

Thing that worries me is why anyone would deliberately throw away so much when there was absolutely sweet FA to gain.

that's true even if he really did think he had an intruder.
He's been disabled all his life, I think he is used to it. Not like he became disabled recently.
He had a gun, all he had to do was wait to see who was coming into the apartment.
It's just, I think, he let his temper, and anger at Steenkamp mist his thinking for a short while. If it weren't for the gun, he would have just used his fists. It happens every day, doesn't it? Domestics?

Celebrities often have an over inflated view of themselves, and live in a protective bubble of popularity, connections and money. Essentially, he thought his behavior would have no repercussions, as as it turns out, he was, at least partially correct.

Reactions: ledboots