Pistorius Murder Trial

I hope he does some serious jail time, not get off with a suspended sentence and a fine.

He has been set free on bail. I wonder why the sentence has been delayed until October /

He could walk away as a free man or get 15 years. I think that the judge is going to be lenient with her sentencing.

Kill your partner in a locked toilet and say that you thought it was an intruder...... and get away with. Much cheaper than a divorce proceeding.:oops:

Reactions: Quiet Vegan
Much cheaper than a divorce proceeding.:oops:

The problem here is that strong emotion and clarity of mind are mutualy exclusive conditions.

That is the single worst piece of totaly illogical and totaly innumerate nonsense that I have (as far as my emotional knee-jerk reaction to it allows me to recall at this time) ever read in my life.

Not entirely off topic ...

I hereby name trial by jury as my single greatest rational fear.

(I'm slightly more afraid of being eaten by spiders but that's not rational.)

I saw the interview of Reeva's parents shortly after the verdict was given out. I feel so sorry for her parents as the truth will never be told. Only Oscar knows what happened that night.

And all that means is that NO ONE but Pistorious knows if the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth was actualy told.

That leaves the possibility that Pistorious is a liar.

It also means that anyone but Pistorious who claims to know if the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth was/wasn't told is definitely a liar though.

I know he isn't a serial killer but this may still apply.
Serial Killer Groupies

It's bizarre how even the most revolting killers attract admirers. Ian Huntley who murdered two young girls apparently gets quite a lot of fan mail. Mindblowing.

Why are women drawn to men behind bars? | World news | The Guardian

If these women think a relationship like this will end well, this is from the above link:

"Jacquelynne Willcox-Bailey's book Dream Lovers: Women Who Marry Men Behind Bars is a series of interviews conducted with Australian women. The most melancholy story concerns two middle-aged Christian sisters, Avril and Rose, who left long-term "boring" marriages for men in prison. One man had been convicted of a string of minor property offences, the other man had killed his previous wife. His new wife, Rose, said: "I have faith that if you're genuine with the Lord you're a new person. A lot of people have said I should be worried about him because of what he did and his background - which is pretty awful and violent - but I have no fear."

Despite the women's faith, both relationships ended tragically: a week after his release the thief bludgeoned Avril to death with a hammer. The other husband ended up back in prison after trying to cut Rose's ear off and pull out her teeth with pliers."

And I mean, come on, this guy has a face only a mother could love :eek:

When good women love criminals

I'm pleased to hear that there may be an appeal of the judge's ruling :

State urged to appeal Pistorius ruling | News24

Personally, I hope it's successful.
Unfortunately he will stay out on bail while it all drags on and may still end up with the original verdict and upcoming sentence.
The Steenkamps deserve some kind closure as soon as possible even if that's 'just' seeing him jailed for manslaughter.

It's bizarre how even the most revolting killers attract admirers. Ian Huntley who murdered two young girls apparently gets quite a lot of fan mail. Mindblowing.

Why are women drawn to men behind bars? | World news | The Guardian

If these women think a relationship like this will end well, this is from the above link:

"Jacquelynne Willcox-Bailey's book Dream Lovers: Women Who Marry Men Behind Bars is a series of interviews conducted with Australian women. The most melancholy story concerns two middle-aged Christian sisters, Avril and Rose, who left long-term "boring" marriages for men in prison. One man had been convicted of a string of minor property offences, the other man had killed his previous wife. His new wife, Rose, said: "I have faith that if you're genuine with the Lord you're a new person. A lot of people have said I should be worried about him because of what he did and his background - which is pretty awful and violent - but I have no fear."

Despite the women's faith, both relationships ended tragically: a week after his release the thief bludgeoned Avril to death with a hammer. The other husband ended up back in prison after trying to cut Rose's ear off and pull out her teeth with pliers."

And I mean, come on, this guy has a face only a mother could love :eek:

When good women love criminals

When I was in high school, a friend confessed to me that she'd been corresponding with Charles Manson in prison for over a year, using her home address! [emoji33]

Apparently, a class assignment to write to a famous person and try to get a reply prompted her to write to him. His letters were bizarre and didn't make much sense.

Have you been following the Dewani case, in SA, shyvas?

I'm following it a bit.

Here is an article on it, that someone posted:
The killing of Anni Dewani

I have also been following this trial and have seen several interviews were Anni's family have made revelations concerning Dewani's personality and her doubts of whether to marry him. It seems that he was put under immense
pressure by his family to marry. I also wonder how the South Africa judicial system will handle this case; hopefully in a better manner than that of the Pistorius trial.
Unlike Pristorius's trial, there are other witnesses that have already confessed to the murder and said that he paid a hit man to murder Anni.

Concerning Pistorius, I predict that he will either get a suspended jail sentence or walk a free man. I hope that the state will appeal the sentence if it is less then 15 (maximum) years.

State urged to appeal Pistorius ruling | News24

Last edited: