Pistorius Murder Trial

ad51c2-29965636.jpg

He got 5 years and will serve 10 of them in prison.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

Perhaps a link to a newspaper article or the like might help.

ETA: I read the BBC article on the sentence. He was given a 5 year sentence, but his defense team believes he will only serve 10 months of that sentence in prison; the balance of the time might be served at home under house arrest.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

Perhaps a link to a newspaper article or the like might help.

ETA: I read the BBC article on the sentence. He was given a 5 year sentence, but his defense team believes he will only serve 10 months of that sentence in prison; the balance of the time might be served at home under house arrest.

Yes.

I hope the Steenkamp can move out of poverty, after all this, somehow....

The Steenkamp plan to get their daughter shot, frame Oscar and make cash out of that was a raging success.

Do I think that actualy happened? No, I don't.

It's just that with so many people knowing exactly what happened when they actualy know f-all about exactly what happened I felt a little bit left out.

apparently her father used to(or still does?) sell wood at the side of the road. And they had to keep coming to court each day to listen to that never-ending waffle.
I think her mum wrote a book about it. I hope they can get some money in that way.

I don't know what Pistorius will do when he gets out.

So what's your gut feeling about the death of Pistorius's girlfriend, then CG?

Non of us can really say we 'know' what happened, but what's your gut feeling?

So what's your gut feeling about the death of Pistorius's girlfriend, then CG?

Non of us can really say we 'know' what happened, but what's your gut feeling?

My gut feeling is that, given the stakes at hand, Pistorious would have to be as mad as a fish to have killed Steenkamp intentionaly and left himself with such a flimsy defence.

The mere fact that he fired through a closed door into a room he knew someone was in was a reckless regard for life at the absolute least though.

What the mindset of a majorly disabled high profile potential target like Pistorious would be in a violent place like SA would be is something that no one but a majorly disabled high profile potential target like Pistorious, or a total ejyutt, would ever even pretend to fully understand.

Basicaly my guts hurt over this but guts getting hurt is bound to happen when a herd of blind people start wildly jerking knees.

Pistorious would have to be as mad as a fish to have killed Steenkamp intentionaly and left himself with such a flimsy defence.

heat of the moment killings don't always provide very good defences. If he felt a huge amount of rage at his girlfriend, then maybe he wouldn't have cared about his defence, at the time.
I wouldn't blame the guy for having a huge amount of pent up anger about having no lower legs. It must have been hard growing up with that.

Even though it was ruled a negligent death, I think 5 years is too short. Especially so, since he could literally get out of jail in 10 months if he "conducts himself well" while in prison.

The mans already destroyed, BC. He is the new OJ.

In prison or out his life is going to be a living hell from now on.

What is it exactly that you think a longer stint in prison could possibly constructively achieve?