PETA Ads

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was surprised that PETA ads isn't its own thread.
Time to correct that.
And the reason I was looking for a PETA ad thread is because I have a video that needs a place to go.

Animal advocate Alissa White-Gluz is the lead vocalist in the melodic death metal band Arch Enemy and a dedicated vegan.
Somehow vegan vocalist for a death metal band just doesn't seem right but... Yeah... OK!

Reactions: PTree15
I was surprised that PETA ads isn't its own thread.
Time to correct that.
And the reason I was looking for a PETA ad thread is because I have a video that needs a place to go.

Animal advocate Alissa White-Gluz is the lead vocalist in the melodic death metal band Arch Enemy and a dedicated vegan.
Somehow vegan vocalist for a death metal band just doesn't seem right but... Yeah... OK!
I was thinking more 'melodic' death metal didn't sound right :shrug:
Peta's done so many ads I disliked either for the drama (your mom murders bunnies!) or the misogyny

I was thinking more 'melodic' death metal didn't sound right :shrug:
That too!
Peta's done so many ads I disliked either for the drama (your mom murders bunnies!) or the misogyny
Years ago I listened to an interview of one of the PETA execs on the radio.
He said something that put it in perspecive for me. I really can't do his explanation justice and since it was a radio interview, I don't think I can search for the quote - but it along the lines that whatever they did - bad taste, shocking, offensive - it was all fair game because of the stakes of the game. The lives of millions of animals.
When he was hired no one but the crazy cat ladies knew who they were. Now due to (In his opinion) the shocking stuff they do to get attention - everyone knows what they do.

It was one of their publicity stunts that got me to pay attention - so IMHO, it works.

oh, I wonder where that photo is going? back of a magazine? side of bus? billboard? It should garner attention.

Alissa_White-Gluz_Veg_Ad_300-602x793.jpg

I don't know about the ad, but Arch Enemy got my attention! She's amazing! not sure how it gets identified as 'melodic' though.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15