Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
It seems like we skipped last month's health challenge.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and hope that everyone is doing well.

Yay!

Still exercising away. Still eating a ridiculous amount of food :'D Have stayed the same weight for a long time now (which is healthy) so it's obviously a good balance that works for me.

How are you doing shyvas? :)

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
Yay!

Still exercising away. Still eating a ridiculous amount of food :'D Have stayed the same weight for a long time now (which is healthy) so it's obviously a good balance that works for me.

How are you doing shyvas? :)

Not too well. Tx for asking.

Keeping the weight down...four months now. But still not active enough. I just signed on for yoga and Zumba through my work Wellness program and now something is wrong with my back...I didn't even get to do one class.

Bummer, shyvas. I hope you are feeling OK and all.
Raggle and KLS, it's great that you are finding what works for you. KLS, the back issue is annoying, isn't it? I've had to take some days off because I took a big spill on my last hike, and now I've reaggravated my back doing an exercise video. Walking is fine, but I will have to avoid the arm movements for a bit until things stabilize. Age isn't helping, lol! And I have another longish hike coming up in a week or so. (Crossing fingers that I'll be able to carry my pack.) Still, I have been the same weight all along, since I have been doing well for the most part with the eating. The sleep issue is another matter, though. I will endeavor to try harder at that this month. It really helps with my mood when I get plenty of shut-eye, and for me, that is a minimum of seven hours. Eight to nine is preferred. :D

Glad to see this thread back. Reading everyone's successes (and struggles) helps keep me motivated.

Last edited:
Reactions: hungryraccoon
I am trying to get back into yoga and exercise at least 5 days a week. I also started back with myfinesspal. I don't know if I like that more or less then sparkpeople.

Hey everyone! I have quit the gym but I am planning on doing my walks outdoors at the park when the weather cools down a bit. I am continuing the limiting of sweets and eating more fruit which seems to be working. I did lose a couple pounds and I hope to continue to drop them off even if it is a slow process.

30 day shred level 2 plus 175 extra squats (there's about 65 squats in 30ds anyway)

My butt already hurt from yesterday's workout & squats. I never usually hurt or ache so probably going to ache even more later. :D

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I have recommitted to weights (again, lol) I have done them three times in the last week, which is more than I had done in a while. I pushed it today doing lunges with 8-lb. hand weights (a lot for me, lol), plus I did three sets on the machine where you sit and push weight from your heels with your legs at a 90-degree angle (I'm not sure if that is called a squat machine or whatever). I pushed 110 pounds, so I was happy with that, as before I had done 90. My legs no doubt will be tight/sore tomorrow, but I have decided that I must push if I am ever to regain/improve some muscle tone. :) Cardio is fine as usual. I could do that all day!

Go you! I need to up my game with weights. 8lb sounds like a lot to me, haha. & you pushed the weight of a whole person!

Reactions: PTree15
Since the back/pelvis/infection issue I've been getting back into Pilates/yoga/stretching moves...very, very slowly. :)

By boyfriend is training to be a personal trainer & is currently working out body fat percentages. So he did mine & it came out at about 12-13% which is pretty damn impressive so I think I need to chill the **** out & stop thinking I'm obese.

He has 13%.

Is this the thread where I tell people that I've recently started doing push ups?

I will also begin curling these 21-pound dumbbells:

21pounds_zpse3b6210b.jpg

After my first dumbbell session:

armsweek1_zps222b28ea.jpg

#NoRoids

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
You should start a new thread for January, even though the month is almost over. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.