Northeast NYC Vegeterian Food Festival...

Holy long list of exhibitors! The whole thing looks so cool. I'm always intrigued by these veg expos, but I've never been to one. I love reading the reviews afterwards about the new products that are introduced there . If you go make sure to report back to us with lots of details!

Wow, that sounds incredible! Wish I wasn't so travel phobic...I would love to go to something like this.

I am hoping I can still go Sunday. Right now, I have a wretched cold, blaaaah, and I have found that if I don't take care of it, things get worse, so I may have to rest up instead. But if I am better by Sunday, I will definitely go. The vegan chef from Philly who runs Vedge restaurant (and formerly Horizons vegan restaurant) is going to be there. I definitely want to try out some of the new Vedge dishes.

KLS, bummer about travel phobia. :( Would be so fun to meet you, and you as well, thefadedone!

Reactions: KLS52
I caught the dreaded cold, too. Hope you feel better by Sunday!

I am hoping I can still go Sunday. Right now, I have a wretched cold, blaaaah, and I have found that if I don't take care of it, things get worse, so I may have to rest up instead. But if I am better by Sunday, I will definitely go. The vegan chef from Philly who runs Vedge restaurant (and formerly Horizons vegan restaurant) is going to be there. I definitely want to try out some of the new Vedge dishes.

KLS, bummer about travel phobia. :( Would be so fun to meet you, and you as well, thefadedone!

How far are you from NY PTree ?

How far are you from NY PTree ?
Less than a couple of hours by car, but I hate driving into the city, so I have to tack on an extra 45 minutes if I take the train, which I usually do.

Less than a couple of hours by car, but I hate driving into the city, so I have to tack on an extra 45 minutes if I take the train, which I usually do.

So you are near NY ? I understand your hate of driving into a big city as it is time consuming and expensive to park.

So you are near NY ? I understand your hate of driving into a big city as it is time consuming and expensive to park.
My state borders the state of New York and I am probably 100 miles or so from New York City. I live north and east of the city. So, a couple of hours by car, or slightly less depending on traffic.

My state borders the state of New York and I am probably 100 miles or so from New York City. I live north and east of the city. So, a couple of hours by car, or slightly less depending on traffic.

That is quite far from NY, however much nearer than us lot on the other side of the pond. :D

Hehe, true! Still, I consider anything under a three-hour drive doable for a day trip. :D I am feeling a little better today, so I'm hoping I can go to the veg fest tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
Hehe, true! Still, I consider anything under a three-hour drive doable for a day trip. :D I am feeling a little better today, so I'm hoping I can go to the veg fest tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Is that a return trip ? Fingers crossed that you'll be up and about for tomorrow PTree.

Thank you, shyvas, me, too. Nope, that would be one way. It depends on the event. If it's a rock concert or something, I would drive even farther one way. :D

Thank you, shyvas, me, too. Nope, that would be one way. It depends on the event. If it's a rock concert or something, I would drive even farther one way. :D

I don't think that I would do a 3 hour drive to go to an event. I don't like driving over here and it's not something that I look forward to.

Indeed, I don't think I would like driving if I actually lived in a big city. Even when I lived in Philly, I took public transportation whenever possible. Driving in my area isn't too bad most of the time.

I am staying home today, though. I'm still quite tired from this cold, so I am going to rest up and take care of my body.