Nutritional yeast...

I tried it twice and got an upset stomach each time... it's a shame, because now the smell of it turns my belly - and I hear so many good things about it!
I've had a bad acne breakout since I started using it and I hope it's just a coincidence... but it may not be because in the past large doses of niacin have made me break out... and nutritional yeast is fortified with lots of niacin.

Does anyone notice a difference in taste between the flakes and powder? Besides measuring of course.
My NFS has it in tubs in the refrigerated section, and I always got the flakes by chance- never noticed the powder. The last time I got the powder by accident> I liked a LOT. I don't know if I just adjusted to liking it, or the powdered has a slightly different taste.
They're both Red Star brand.
I've never had the powder version. Actually, I didn't even know there was a powder version :D.

I've never had the powder version. Actually, I didn't even know there was a powder version :D.
I didn't either, which is how I got it! Right next to the flakes!
It's half the amount of flakes, which may be why some people dislike some recipes, I believe.

I didn't either, which is how I got it! Right next to the flakes!
It's half the amount of flakes, which may be why some people dislike some recipes, I believe.
Maybe it's more concentrated flavor-wise. Might be a bit strong?

I would guess that the flakes just take up more volume, so you would end with less nooch in a spoonful of flakes than in the same spoonful of powder.

I've had a bad acne breakout since I started using it and I hope it's just a coincidence... but it may not be because in the past large doses of niacin have made me break out... and nutritional yeast is fortified with lots of niacin.

That sucks! Biotin makes me break out really badly.
I haven't had a problem with the nutritional yeast, but I don't use it very frequently.