Nutrition & Diet November Health Challenge

Oasis, that's fantastic! Congratulations and keep up the excellent work! You are so right about hydration. When I drink enough water, I seem to eat less.
I have had a busy couple of weeks with not a lot of sleep so my workout schedule suffered (mostly last week). I am back on track this week, though. I have done three days of cardio at the gym plus a nice walk on Sunday. I need to do more weights. My diet has been good. I have been keeping to my plan pretty well. The holidays are coming, though, so I'm doing my best to keep up the exercise. Tomorrow I will hit the treadmill before I take off for my parents' house for Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a great, healthy and safe Thanksgiving!!

Reactions: Freesia
Thanks! :)

Yes, it's funny how much being dehydrated can feel like hunger. And how much it helps curb it a little to help you make it to the next meal without feeling uncomfortable. I used to always get irritated if someone suggested 'maybe you're just thirsty,' and I'd be quick to retort, "I know what thirst feels like! Dx" haha. Oh how I've learned.

I've been keeping motivated this week. It didn't work for me to hit the trail before the sun went down yesterday, so instead I jogged in place for thirty minutes while watching an episode of Buffy. Not as effective as actual running outdoors, but still so much better than just sitting.
Today I managed to do a run with a bit of walking on the trail after work, and I'm hoping to do another Buffy-jog in another hour or so. I managed to purchase a new swim suit yesterday, so I'm going to hit the pool tomorrow morning to do some laps. :)

I've been drinking tons of water, and I make sure to step on the scale in the mornings. I tell myself 'good job' when I maintain, and do a happy whoop when it goes down a nudge, hehe.

here is the elevation profile of my 5 mile circular walk yesterday:Untitled.jpg

I like using that map tool.....it was a fun walk; nice and cloudy, and some roads I haven't walked on in a few years.
Nice view at the top too, walking down into the other valley. I'm glad there weren't any more miles by the time I got back though.

Last edited: