Nutrition & Diet November Health Challenge

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The holiday season is just around the corner, so post your goals/progress for November here.

Old thread is here.

Last edited:
Ok, so October was a month of maintaining, basically. I lost one pound, which is better than nothing, but still kind of slow. I did great with exercising (five to six days a week), but not so much with food.
So:
Get back to mindful eating, i.e., no picking when I'm not hungry, watching the portions and maintaining slower eating. When I eat too fast, I eat too much.
Keep up the exercising and weights: five to six days of cardio, three days of weights.
Get to my goal weight.
Drink more water.

I was sick for four weeks and lost all motivation. :(

Ugh, KLS, I hope you are feeling better. It sucks when illness/injury thwart our fitness plans.

Well, thanks to the time switch, I woke up wicked early and ended up doing a killer workout at the gym: 65 minutes on the treadmill (2,534 feet climbed!!) and then a full circuit of upper-body strength training. I should sleep well tonight. :D

I was sick for four weeks and lost all motivation. :(

Awww :hug: you can slowly, slowwwly ease yourself back into things. One step at a time!

I'm taking it easy this month. Cardio a few times a week, yoga a few times a week. Eating whatever I want, in moderation.

Since I stopped the 30ds I've lost a bit of weight. It seems to make me put on muscle & I'm ravenous whilst doing it. Might do it again in the run up to Christmas.

I'm still fearing the 30DS...Maybe next month ;) The warmup is daunting enough, lol...I can't do all those push-ups. :D

Haha you can't do push ups to start with. In the end you can!
That is quite a workout, mostly because there is no resting. That will be the hardest part. I would be done after the first set of toning, lol. I do some of those things now, but not all at once. I often do crunches at the end of a cardio session or lunges with weights.

I had only three days of working out last week :(, but I started off this week this morning with a five-mile walk, as it was a beautiful day today. I WILL get in no less than five days of exercise this week.

I had only three days of working out last week :(, but I started off this week this morning with a five-mile walk, as it was a beautiful day today. I WILL get in no less than five days of exercise this week.

Three days is still good!

Reactions: PTree15
I am continuing my trips to the gym every day off which means 3 or 4 times a week. I am walking on the treadmill for 35 minutes and doing a sit up machine and sometimes arm machines. Even though I haven't lost any weight, I feel like the exercise is beneficial.

I am continuing my trips to the gym every day off which means 3 or 4 times a week. I am walking on the treadmill for 35 minutes and doing a sit up machine and sometimes arm machines. Even though I haven't lost any weight, I feel like the exercise is beneficial.
It definitely is. You may not see the numbers go down, but you will be more toned and will probably lose inches.

So I got a lot of walking in this weekend. I walked 5 miles on Sunday and then 8 miles yesterday. I had the day off from work and I was supposed to clean/organize in preparation for company this weekend, but it was so nice out (sunny and in the 50s!) that I decided to walk to downtown and eat at this veggie place. The walk was great, but the place didn't open until 5 on Mondays, so I had a nice lunch anyway at this place where you could build your own sandwich. This morning I did the spin bike for 35 minutes and then did weights. Off to a good start this week.

I got new running shoes! :D Since I've been hiking 4-5 times a week for nearly a year, I thought it was high time I got proper footwear instead of always wearing my work shoes.

Today I did 9KM of hiking. Did a 4KM walk at 7AM, drove out and bought the running shoes at around noon, and hit the 5KM trail by 1PM. :) The shoes proved to be great! Now I won't be shredding through my work shoes quite so fast, hehe. It's nice to have separate shoes.

Plus the dropping of $170 will help motivate me to keep it up. ;)

I'm now officially tracking my weight too. (I waited until I could fit into my goal pants. If I tracked it sooner, I'd probably despair and deem it hopeless and give up) I'm not sure how much weight I lost during September and October, but everyone who's seen me for the first time in a month or so are immediately remarking that I lost weight upon laying eyes on me, so evidently it's been a noticeable amount.

Aside from keeping up the hiking (and once I get a new suit, starting up lap-swimming at the pool at least once a week), my goal is to keep myself properly hydrated. The past month I'd been 'chronically hungry' and my snacking was through the roof. Granted, it was healthy snacking (banana, apple, mandarin orange, cucumbers+celery with hummus) but still it was definitely adding up. Turned out my insatiable hunger was actually thirst. ... Which explains why it was never getting sated. Now whenever I feel a 'hunger' pang, I grab a glass of my unsweetened iced tea first to make sure I'm not just thirsty or something.
Sure enough, this past week, I hardly had a snack between meals at all.