News ... Armed cattlemen militia in Oregon takes over wildlife refuge

I'm not sure it's really over if there are still people there who refuse to budge, and have weapons with them.

Edited to add: Mischief and I posted the same thought at the same time. :p

I really don't think it's going to last that much longer...

You could be right. If you check the Twitter feed for Oregon Public Broadcasting, they seem to be the only one reporting that law enforcement has removed all but one of the remaining four holdouts. I really hope this whole thing ends today or tomorrow. I've gotten tired of this whole ridiculous soap opera.

If anyone wants to listen, there is a LIVE feed right now to the compound as the FBI is supposedly on the way.

Yes. And today they also finally arrested Cliven Bundy (the father of the two idiots who started the occupation of the refuge) on charges stemming from the 2014 incident: Final Oregon occupier surrenders to authorities, ending the refuge siege

Apparently, they have finally realized that there have to be consequences to incidents like those in 2014, otherwise these idiots will just feel empowered to do more.

Malheur Wildlife Refuge for Rent - $0/month, no deposit!

3br - 1600ft2 - Malheur Wildlife Refuge for Rent - $0/month, no deposit! (Princeton)
image 1 of 3
00Q0Q_8Lct58vbeOx_600x450.jpg

36391 Sodhouse Ln.
(google map)

3BR / 1Ba 1600ft2 available now

cats are OK - purrr
dogs are OK - wooof
furnished
cottage/cabin
no laundry on site
no smoking
off-street parking

Quaint, stone cottage in beautiful, country setting! 3 bed, 1 bath (3 if you count 2 latrines dug out by our last tenants) with spacious patio and breathtaking views!

Comes fully furnished with some chairs and maps, and over 4,000 sacred Native-American artifacts! No deposit necessary so don't worry about the artifacts (our last tenants didn't)!

Tenants recently moved - Malheur National Wildlife Refuge is AVAILABLE NOW!

Call FBI to schedule viewing! If no one is there for the open house you can probably just stay.

Rent is $0/month!
No deposit!

All races welcome to apply! But can only guarantee safety for you-know-which-one (wink-wink).

cats - ok
dogs - ok
standoffs w/ FBI - you're an adult

Yup, armed militia types are now apparently free to take over whatever property they set their sights on.