News ... Armed cattlemen militia in Oregon takes over wildlife refuge

Unlikely. If it doesn't have a trigger and a clip, they probably don't know what it is.

Indeed. Their social media call for cold weather socks, snacks and energy drinks did not really underline their preparedness :)

I find this point of view interesting:
Yokel Haram or VanillaISIS or Y'allQaeda?

They took over the Wildlife Refugee building because they think wildlife preservation, environmental protection, and federal parks are all part of a commie plot by the United Nations. They know this because the tinfoil on their heads protected them from the mind-control about saving the planet that the rest of us fell victim to, I reckon.

They can give the media all sorts of reasons for their actions to garner symathy from certain groups, but at the end of the day its about grazing fees.

Indeed. Their social media call for cold weather socks, snacks and energy drinks did not really underline their preparedness :)

I find this point of view interesting:
Yokel Haram or VanillaISIS or Y'allQaeda?

Unarmed #BlackLivesMatter protesters recently protested peacefully at Mall of America. This was only a fraction of the militarized law enforcement that showed up:

12507567_10154421544670606_7202954215806177378_n.jpg

In 1985, there was
a massive police operation in Philadelphia that culminated in the helicopter bombing of the headquarters of a radical group known as MOVE. The fire from the attack killed six adults and five children and destroyed sixty-five homes. Despite two grand jury investigations and a commission finding that top officials were grossly negligent, no one from city government was criminally charged. MOVE was a Philadelphia-based radical movement that was dedicated to black liberation and a back-to-nature lifestyle. It was founded by John Africa, and all its members took on the surname Africa.

The response to these so-called patriots in Oregon would be a hell of a lot different if they weren't white.

There is a difference.

The ranchers are hiding out in an abandoned building. The BLM folks were protesting in a building packed with people.

It's a lot easier to keep track of a handful of people in the middle of nowhere.

Unarmed #BlackLivesMatter protesters recently protested peacefully at Mall of America. This was only a fraction of the militarized law enforcement that showed up:

Reactions: ledboots
Apparently, some of the 'militi(ous)men' have made final, farewell videos, addressed to their families, as a last goodbye. It just reinforces my belief that the ultimate purpose of guns is to commit suicide. This article contains a term I hadn't heard before- ammosexual. No comment.

No Fed Action Planned, but Oregon Militia Loons Post Hilarious "Goodbye" Videos

It's difficult to laugh about this. Reading about it, I'm put in mind of the Waco Siege of 1993, when, after a 51-day standoff, 76 people died, as federal agents stormed their compound, and fire broke out. It isn't known whether the fire was accidental or deliberately set by the "defenders." I'm also reminded of the Jonestown massacre in Guyana, where 900 people committed suicide by cyanide as "proof" of their ideology.

This isn't about ideology. It's about the use of force. These men have deliberately set up a life-and-death situation, and in doing so, have brought their mental health into question.

That said, I think guns should be regulated in a way similar to cars. Every gun sale, trade, and gift should be rigorously documented through registration; furthermore, every gun should be required to be re-registered on an annual basis, just like cars, to eliminate back-room swaps. Gun owners should be required to be licensed, but only after passing rigorous safety tests, and should be re-tested periodically. Perhaps just as importantly, gun owners should be required to carry liability insurance, including medical, hospitalization, property damage, funeral expenses, etc., on each of their firearms, against any damage they may inflict, whether accidental or intentional. Anyone denied an insurance policy, because they are deemed a financial risk, or otherwise unreliable, should be disqualified from owning a gun. This isn't intended to punish honest, law-abiding citizens, but to help such citizens be more truly "responsible," as they're so fond of claiming to be, when in reality, they aren't being very responsible at all. They're taking a free ride on the rest of us, by putting us at risk, for their fun. If guns were made more difficult- and expensive- to obtain and maintain, their popularity as play-things and toys might diminish. If people want to play with fire, let them pay the price, as honest, law-abiding citizens.

I kind of think it fits in perfectly with the whole ridiculousness of the situation. Maybe some Jehovah Witnesses will be ringing their doorbell next, or an enterprising solar salesman. :p