News ... Armed cattlemen militia in Oregon takes over wildlife refuge

Hmmm ... am I the only one to think that the FBI's way of dealing with this situation ("De-escalation to avoid a second Waco") might be a tad on the ineffective side???

But his friends tearfully announced that Oshaugnessy, who is known as “Capt. O,” had left the refuge Wednesday and was instead staying at a motel nearby — as some others associated with the militants have apparently been doing, according to sources.

Some of the militants have reportedly been spotted eating at area restaurants during the standoff, as well.

The militants have been allowed to come and go freely from the nature preserve in the absence of a law enforcement presence, but at least one of them, Brian “Booda” Cavalier, failed to return after a newspaper report revealed he had lied about serving in the U.S. Marines.

How exactly do they expect that they will give up at some point, if they still have electricity, water, and can frequent nearby restaurants and motels??? Just because they realize that it is pointless? That seems a very novel approach to dealing with organized crime and terrorism....

Interesting article:

Here’s Why Ammon Bundy’s Oregon Standoff Might Actually Work

Logic of reasoning:

Although Occupy Wall Street was disbanded, there is now a wider discussion of the topics brought up by them.

Ergo ... Protests ... work.
(The parallels between Occupy Wall Street and Yokel Haram must be obvious, so they are not explained in more detail)

The article is interesting for me primarily as the author is introduced as "a professor of sociology at Florida State University’s College of Social Sciences and Public Policy."

Just ... wow.

News from our favourite domestic terrorists...

Armed Group Says It Has Accessed Government Files at Refuge

I bet the computers on the Wildlife refuge contained secret government documents that prove beyond a doubt that the ranchers were framed for the arson they admitted to, the BLM is in reality behind 9/11, and has assassinated JFK. Just the kind of files I would save on my work computer...

They have also destroyed a fence and allegedly plan to move cattle on the wildlife refuge.

An article that IMO makes some quite alarming statements as to the treatment of the situation by the FBI (at least as commented by former members of that agency).

Why don't feds try to oust Oregon occupiers?

"The group out there is a little bit like Donald Trump," said Van Zandt, a former negotiator and supervisor in the bureau's Behavioral Science Unit during his 25-year career with the agency. "They do things for attention. They do things so the media pays attention."

Yet the protesters have the right to express themselves and air their grievances.
"They're exercising their First Amendment rights,'' Coulson said. "If they want to make a statement, let them. Let them have a forum.''

With their leadership taken out, it could end soon, unless they have some sort of "secret weapon-" someone in their ranks who's even more extreme than Bundy. It ain't over 'til it's over.

I don't think the authorities are going to try to "take" the refuge, so it all depends on whether the people who are still there give up and leave. Otherwise, I suspect it will be a matter of picking up anyone who travels away from the refuge.

I think that the guy who makes the tearful FB videos and who used to organize anti-Muslim events is still there, and he strikes me as the kind of crazy who would reach for a gun with the slightest of reasons.*

Also, with one dead, they have a martyr.

*Ooops - I just saw that he left the refuge today to go home to Arizona to visit his family, and he has turned himself in. He's asking for money to hire a lawyer. High-profile militant Jon Ritzheimer flees home to Arizona hours before feds spring trap

Last edited: