US New items at Trader Joe's

I finally remembered to pick up the vegan Bon Bons. They ARE really good.
also it was slow so I stopped and asked about the almond milk chocolate bars. they do have them. I just was looking in the wrong place for them.
still no refrigerated soy milk.

Reactions: KLS52
I finally remembered to pick up the vegan Bon Bons. They ARE really good.
also it was slow so I stopped and asked about the almond milk chocolate bars. they do have them. I just was looking in the wrong place for them.
still no refrigerated soy milk.
Where are the almond milk chocolates? I looked with the other chocolates, I'm not too interested really.
I have gotten quite fond of their cashew cheddar slices, and needing more carton soy milk, and prunes

Where are the almond milk chocolates? I looked with the other chocolates, I'm not too interested really.
I have gotten quite fond of their cashew cheddar slices, and needing more carton soy milk, and prunes
They had been on the racks near the cashier. That is where I had been looking for them. but the cashier (who was very helpful), explained that they moved them to a different location because the almond milk chocolate bars can't stand up on their own. He sent someone else to get them and I couldn't tell exactly from where I stood but it looked like they were right in with the other chocolate stuff - like the PB cups.

I imagine it will vary from store to store, tho.

I was at TJ's today to get more soy beverages. They've been stocked with the shelf stable (didn't think to check the fridge section).
They have been out of the shelled edamame, which worried me. I asked and they said sometime in August production should be backup :up:

Does anyone know about the soy cheese blend? I saw it last time too, for what seems like the first time. I think the vegan cheeses I like don't even contain soy! I didn't chance it though, I just got the cashew cheddar slices as I really like those. I haven't tried the cashew mozz shreds yet, would love an opinion. I just tried Violife mozz shreds and was blown away! They are the FIRST vegan mozz that I think tastes like dairy mozz! I like others, but never felt any tasted like an old time pizza cheese! I got them on sale and think the reg price is kinda high

I've tried both of the dairy free mozzarellas at TJs. and the cashew one was the best of the two and maybe the best I've had. But still not all that great. Haven't had the Violife. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen it around here. but I"ll look for it.
I really want to try Myolos new Liquid Pizza Mozzarellas. but so far I've only found it online and they won't deliver an order that is refrigerated unless its like $35.

So I stopped by TJ's on the way home from the library and picked up a few things. I was going to get some more Bon Bons when I spoted this.

I just had one. They are delish. My only complaint is that they are too small.

Attachments

• Trader-Joes-Hold-the-Dairy-Mini-Cones.jpg
    Trader-Joes-Hold-the-Dairy-Mini-Cones.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Reactions: Lou
Trader Joes had a cheeseless roasted vegetable pizza that was really good---but contained honey. :brood: I got one when I first started going to there and was sooooo mad

Trader Joes had a cheeseless roasted vegetable pizza that was really good---but contained honey. :brood: I got one when I first started going to there and was sooooo mad
I used to get those, too. but I don't see them anymore.

Just had their meatless meat pizza :sigh: ,🍕? NOT my thing!
The pepperoni was soft! No crisp or chew, with a weird taste I don't even know what-but not pepperoni
The sausage crumbles were worse--they had either 5 spice or anise.
The cheese was ok, but not worth using
The sauce was how I like my pasta sauce-which is fine, but not pizza
The crust though, was very good!
IF it were good I'd have no problem paying $6. I could easily eat the whole thing.

It so infuriates me when it's the herbs & spices I don't like on vegan foods. I've never had sausage or pepperoni with those flavors-meat or meatless!

I love seitan pepperoni too! So easy,with the same flavor as meat pepperoni. If you spray on some oil it even gets the crisp
Beyond sausage is my absolute favorite--now I wish I'd have gotten it from Pizza Hut!

I'm still working on perfecting my home made pizzas. the crust and the cheese still need work. but I'm very happy with the toppings. A little Field Roast Italian sausage, sliced black onions. a little onion and a little green pepper. Toppings are just one layer thick. Then a layer of mozzarella and a sprinkling of parmesan.

I wasn't going to get it - except maybe to report back here. but now I don't have to. Thanks I owe you one. :)
Yep, had to try it, even though my expectations were low. What was worse was seeing the garlic naan had milk.My son requested that. That looks like a great pizza crust.
What I want from pizza doesn't not include making it myself.
Is not pricey
Is quick and takes none to little effort
There is no reason to not have a good frozen vegan pizza, and what's pathetic is TJ's had that roasted veggie pizza that was great. It was also the ONLY pizza I've ever heard of with honey!

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Just had the vegan Pad Thai. I think I did have it before--I am not impressed. The rice noodles by themselves are seasoned nicely, and cooked how I like them---lightly sauteed so a nice bite. What ruined it for me is the abundance of sprouts and green onions. The flavor really overwhelmed everything else, and that was all there was-and a few crushed peanuts that had lost texture and flavor. I tried to pick out the sprouts and eat them first. Oh yeah, there are some tofu cubes that are crazy tough!
The only place I really love Pad Thai is the Thai restaurant by me. Soooooooo very different! I mean even taking into account it's a TJ's frozen thing they have zero in common.

Reactions: Lou
Just had the vegan Pad Thai. I think I did have it before--I am not impressed. The rice noodles by themselves are seasoned nicely, and cooked how I like them---lightly sauteed so a nice bite. What ruined it for me is the abundance of sprouts and green onions. The flavor really overwhelmed everything else, and that was all there was-and a few crushed peanuts that had lost texture and flavor. I tried to pick out the sprouts and eat them first. Oh yeah, there are some tofu cubes that are crazy tough!
The only place I really love Pad Thai is the Thai restaurant by me. Soooooooo very different! I mean even taking into account it's a TJ's frozen thing they have zero in common.
I miss good Pad Thai. When I still had my FT job, I would go to this Thai place for lunch once in a while, and they made the best vegan Pad Thai. The server got to know me, so she'd be like, "Vegan Pad Thai?" That's all I ever ate there, haha.

Reactions: KLS52