US New items at Trader Joe's

Oh, Let me see if I can find a recipe. ......

Yeah, this one is super easy

I have all the ingredients but the Chinese Cooking Wine. I'll have to look for that.

the NYT has a fancy one - I'll have to see if I can buy a star anise
I don't know the flavor of Chinese cooking wine (saki?), but I never like any wine. I'd use rice vinegar, and if I liked star anise I'd use Chinese 5 spice (but I don't, so I'd just use onions and garlic!)

OMG--do you like mushrooms? I've been obsessed with TJ"s frozen mushroom medley- they're a blend of different mushrooms in a mildly seasoned olive oil. Perfect to add to steamed cabbage. I'd love that with those Troflie pasta I linked above
1686088466377.png

Reactions: Lou
^
I put the mushrooms and the cabbage on my TJ shopping list

I also went to the Farmer's market for salad fixings and bought a cabbage for that stir fry.
I have 5 Chinese spice and balsamic so I I will try that cabbage tonight.

At TJ's this morning and tried these-I got with my son in mind, he didn't like them, I loved them-
Mee Krob Snackers $2.99

Flavor reminded me of the vegan Pad Thai at my favorite Thai place.
the texture is like pressed crispy rice vermicelli

Just made TJ's fishless fillets. Three large pieces, baked at 450 F for total of 25 minutes. They're greasy, and I wish the breading would be more crispy. I think I crave fried batter more than whats in it most of the time.
They have jackfruit and oyster mushrooms. I liked them, my son loves them. $2.99
I prefer Gardein, but I never look in meatless section anymore so I haven't seen them in so long!
Looks a lot better than they do on box, and the box is so unappealing!

Reactions: PTree15
Just made TJ's fishless fillets. Three large pieces, baked at 450 F for total of 25 minutes. They're greasy, and I wish the breading would be more crispy. I think I crave fried batter more than whats in it most of the time.
They have jackfruit and oyster mushrooms. I liked them, my son loves them. $2.99
I prefer Gardein, but I never look in meatless section anymore so I haven't seen them in so long!
I've had that a few times. I made them in my air fryer. IMHO, the breading is the best part.
I've never had the Gardine version. I guess now I have to add them to my list.

I also prefer the Gardein fishless filets.

Reactions: KLS52
why not?
I bought some today just cause you guys have been talking about them.
I'll probably have them tomorrow

I didn`t see your question concerning the fishless fillets. :worried: I don`t like them because for some reason both the taste and texture
make me feel squeamish. However,I usually do like all other brands of fishless/prawnless/crabless products.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Does anyone buy their organic tuscan kale?
I normally buy this whole leaves but I liked the idea of 'triple washed' 🙄 . I had a feeling I had theirs before and shouldn't get it-Should have listened! It's before the expire date, has yellowing leaves, and sooooo many woody stems! I had to put it all in a big colander and pick through it and wash it, far more work than I would have had with whole

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou