Neat reusing ideas

Yeah, I've never been a big soda drinker; but after using some leftover, flat coke to clear a drain, I swore the stuff off. Except for the (very) occasional whiskey and coke, of course.

So it does work really well for clogs? I need a good drain cleaner instead of resorting to cheap knock off drain-o type stuff. I want to try to clean my tub with it too.

Thank you for posting this! I shared it with a friend who was having a birthday party for her daughter, and wanted largish goodie bags for the guests. She made these with pretty print place mats and thick ribbon instead of twine. She's very crafty, and they came out so cute! This is the photo from your link, I don't have a pic of the goody bag ones.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346388029235.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346388029235.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: thefadedone
I use empty cardboard boxes or food containers to put vegetable peelings/other compostable waste in. It saves buying those compostable bags and, at least with my council, you recycle cardboard with compost rather than with paper.

I had some cardboard so I covered it with some fabric and some ribbon to make a notice board. I also used an old Pringles tin to store dried spaghetti.

I tried this idea that I found online and it looked okay enough to wear under clothes when it's cold.:weird:

43417583878461831_i2XYRONL_c_zps8a542f29.jpg

Reactions: PiSis
I think I like that! Wouldn't you want to fringe the cut side instead of the hemmed side? Or would fringe unravel more?

I think I like that! Wouldn't you want to fringe the cut side instead of the hemmed side? Or would fringe unravel more?

Yes, that would make more sense wouldn't it.:) I think I might do another one that way. I don't know what it would be like after it is washed.

just saw this on Dr. Oz today and thought it was a great idea...
reusing plastic bottle tops to seal food storage bags
Those were at a local discount store! I mean they were manufactured! Sold at 3 for $ 1.00. I thought that was a good idea, but her video making them out out of bottles was sheer brillance!
I didn't buy any, because I figured they'd end up in drawer. Now I'm gonna make some! Big jars like PB would be really good!

Reactions: PiSis
That's a good idea. :) I keep forgetting and keep putting my old bottles in the recycling bin.:rolleyes: You can also use those little clips on the ends of plastic clothes hangers as a way to seal food bags.

I was looking at ridiculously expensive dog clothing yesterday and it occurred to me that some of the jumpers looked like hot water bottle covers so I made Molly a jumper out of a hot water bottle cover. She feels the cold so I'm going to order some cheap hot water bottle covers to make her a whole wardrobe.:p

001-11.jpg