Neat reusing ideas

glass jars for holding Q-tips, incense, puffballs . . .

I keep the bits of bar soap and stick them all together to make another bar of soap.

clean out the jars that held candles and turn them into new candles (I have wicks and wax)

save the plastic pots that plants come in, then fill with dirt and use them to grow plant cuttings or transplanted ivy from outside.

After I realized that my old coupon holder (a wallet style with Velcro) had gotten too small to hold all my coupons and was falling apart anyway, I found a larger coupon holder in the same style in good condition at my mother’s house which was not being used, and she said I could have it. But the category separators, with the tabs on top with the names of each coupon category that I had in the smaller coupon holder were falling apart and needed replacing. There weren’t any in the larger holder. So I got some blank sheets of cardboard, and, using one of the old category separators as a tracing guide, cut new separators from the cardboard, including the tabs. I also made them a bit larger for the larger holder. That way I could write down new categories for the new separators. For the blank sheets of cardboard, I used the cardboard sheets that come in cases of Fancy Feast canned cat food and are used to separate the tiers of cans from each other. I then switched to empty Trader Joe’s cereal bar boxes, as that cardboard is a bit thicker and sturdier, and since the cardboard used for the cereal bar boxes is blank on the inside, I’d have a blank side for writing.

Just pointing out that before you toss cardboard boxes into the recycling bin, the cardboard could actually be used for some little project at home. :)

Shoe boxes, glass bottles, small plastic cosmetic bootles and food supplement containers are all extemely useful.

I use the latter for transporting soya milk, linseed, stevia when I'm travelling or having a meal on the go.

1376594_602354793161923_2011921526_n.jpg